Ultimate Subaru Message Board

[JDM] 1985 Leone GT Turbo (RX Turbo)

awlllwa

Year 85 GT turbo 1.8L engine, AT, 35,000 miles on it.

mrsyowajp-img600x450-1135491182lonn.jpg

mrsyowajp-img600x450-1135491201lonn.jpg

mrsyowajp-img600x450-1135491190lonn.jpg

4 days left on japanese auction starting bid at $.01, buy out at $5000.

If you are intrested we can probably cut a good deal with the seller, this car has gone up for auction 2 times now with no sale.

Shipping Tariff, etc. ~$3500 more.

That looks breathe taking! Any chance you might have a rhd rx 3dr coupe? :slobber:

I dont have any of these cars, but if they go up for auction in japan i have the means to get one one your door step. If one goes up for auction i will let you know.

oh... damn it. I explained on the other forum.

To beable to ship a car thats less that 25 years old it must be disassembled in Japan and reassembled in the US for it to be imported legaly. That way its considered a kit car. For a better explanation of the process ktsubaru can explain.

I just help him with finding customers, i don't know the process very well myself for whole cars.

oh... damn it. I explained on the other forum.

To beable to ship a car thats less that 25 years old it must be disassembled in Japan and reassembled in the US for it to be imported legaly. That way its considered a kit car. For a better explanation of the process ktsubaru can explain.

I just help him with finding customers, i don't know the process very well myself for whole cars.

Disassemblling does not mean that "destroying car". I've seen a few kit cars look like never disassembled before.

As awllla explained it, that's NHTSA and other government agencies regulation. Japanese cars originally built for USA is different from JDM, as some of may you know already, and that's the main reason why NHTSA regulates the different rules for vehicles built for non-US market.U00000085493L.JPG

U00000029214_1.jpg

So the car basically gets stripped down and sent in "easy to handle" parts. Like shell, doors, hood, trunk, bumpers, engine and drivetrain, suspension. And but on a ship/plane and sent stateside. Who then puts the pieces back together?

We do have experienced people who do all the process, clearing customs, assembling vehicle, pass the inspection and get it titled.

Money matter might be another concern, but I will give you the info which enables you to find where I am (100%) once the order is confirmed.

any way we could look at a list of what cars are avalaible and for about what price? or is there a site you look at that we could see?...anything like that? seems like a very appealing idea...

~Erik~

http://www.f-subaru.com/search/legacy/index.html

This website is one of the major Subaru certified pre-own dealership in Japan.

Click the pictures of vehicles, and you will see what are available from Japan.

to get approximate idea for prices:

if you see 195.0 that is like $19,500

If you are looking for SVX, then visit Yahoo Japan auction ( Yahoo Japan Auction is more famous than ebay over there)

http://list1.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/2084049029-category-leaf.html

On this website, just remove two digits from the right and it gives you approximate idea how much are they in Japan.

Shipping and all the other fees, in avarage, $3000 to $5000 depends on the vehicle.

So find me a JDM dual range tranny for my impreza. I htink lots of us want the same thing. . .

you mean you want "Dog Transmission (that's what they call it in Japan)" I'm Legacy guy, so I asked my friend in Japan who owns WRX.

http://minkara.carview.co.jp/userid/151696/car/46219/profile.aspx

this is a website for "dog transmission". it's in Japanese, though.

http://www.takata-techno.com/400_/

He said that transmission costs way over $10,000. and suggested to swap to 6 speed gear for GDB impreza to save the cost.

perhaps I've mis-interpreted something here, but how in the world can a manual transmission cost $10,000?

~Erik~

BTW, my favorite from that website...even through I don't have an extra $30k sitting around...

0000000000012920_1.jpg

That Legacy is HOT :banana: I'm glad u like the wagon!!

For transmissions:

I'm not a mechanic so I don't know exactly what they do to make that transmission, but according to that friend in japan, they build "Dog Transmission" start from scratch, at Subaru WRC parts manufacturer nearby Subaru plant over there. (I had been there before though) I don't know what u guys do to the transmission here. but I looked at the picture at Takata website (the one shows the parts) for that transmission parts and the price is like $1000, and I need to estimate the shipping cost. I will give you a quote if you are really interested buying that parts.

s-MRX-CD75E02.html

There are Legacies that have a Dual Range in them in the JDM... I don't see those being worth over $10k.

If the parts are manufactured in USA, there is not much cost on shipping & tariffs. Shipping a huge qty of parts will reduce the shipping cost per lbs or kgs. This is how the HKS or other JDM parts brands to manage to sell the parts with reasonable price.

If you are going to get JDM parts as an individual, small qty, the shipping cost will be expensive and that is why the price tends to get more expensive than you see here.