Ultimate Subaru Message Board

MY new toy ( 88 IROC-Z)

Hey everyone. Anyone and everyone who attended Connie's (Bucky92) BBQ at the beginning of the summer heard that my mother wrecked my 86 IROC that id had since senior year of highschool. I was devastated as i had invested alot of blood, sweat and tears into that car. Well enough of the history i finally found a replacement. That guy that i tried calling at the BBQ ended up being a complete rump roast and never returned any of my phone calls so i guess he never really wanted to sell. I ended up buying this one from a friend when i went to his house to get parts for another car of mine that i was going to fix up and sell. Here are the pics i will get more later but for now it gives you all a good idea of what i got. Its a fun car with all the mods it has.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2710300

Yea i kno just a 305 but man does this 305 run hard. I bought it from a friend of mine that works on these cars alot and he stated with the mods it has it will outrun a 350 TPI no problem. Yes its a posi rear but im not sure of the gear ratio just yet. Someone swapped rears so the speedo is off as well. Options..well its pretty much loaded with pw, ps, pb, power mirrors, power drivers seat. Only options that it doesnt have are leather, power antenna, and T-tops.

All i kno is it will do a pretty mean burnout in first, and then chirp second and third :).

Im pretty sure thats just a z28 with IROC badges. Its got a z28 steering wheel and z28 15 inch wheels. Me thinks just someone trying to get more than its worth.

And as for the mullet..sorry no mullet for me connie. And no i dont blame my mom. She was so upset that day she couldnt even tell me what happened on the phone cause she didnt want it to ruin the rest of my day. She knew what it meant to me. I had told her to be careful cause they get squirely in the rain but i guess it didnt sink in just how much. I figured "drive like there is snow on the ground when its wet" was good enough. :)

Im pretty sure thats just a z28 with IROC badges. Its got a z28 steering wheel and z28 15 inch wheels. Me thinks just someone trying to get more than its worth.

And as for the mullet..sorry no mullet for me connie. And no i dont blame my mom. She was so upset that day she couldnt even tell me what happened on the phone cause she didnt want it to ruin the rest of my day. She knew what it meant to me. I had told her to be careful cause they get squirely in the rain but i guess it didnt sink in just how much. I figured "drive like there is snow on the ground when its wet" was good enough. :)

Its an IROC but yes, its a base line IROC, probably 305TPI with a BW 5-speed. Gonna shoot for the gutless 305 instead of the 195hp 305 that was an option.

This is along the same lines as what we were talking about. I went to a party this weekend and one of the guys there was wearing a T-shirt that said on the front:

THE MULLET

"its more than a haircut"

And then on the back:

"Its a lifestyle"

And get this the picture on the back was a RV and an IROC-Z..LOL. I think i need to find me one of those T-shirts.