Ultimate Subaru Message Board

sep. 21 wheelin anyone welcome

subaruguru

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

WOOOH lol :grin: ok so i want to get every ones opinion on what is the best day for all of us. so from the 20th to 23 thursday to sunday what is the best days for you guys. and who all plans on eating cause if its justa few people i figur ill just scrap the food idea and just bring a couple coolers with soda and stuff. so let me know!!!!!!! it is gonna be up manashtash im not shure where but i will go scout a good spot out. for camping if we do. mabyt justa day thing. but yeah info on the definate location will be here this coming weekend. but for shure manashtash. i want to meet at the park here by super one. its like the 4x4 meet spot all the yoda and quad ect. guys we can get a good few pics as a group (make some memories :).) cool well thats what i got so far let me know:cool:

hey guys and gals i am gonna be going wheeling on the 21 of sep. for my birth day maby camping but i was thinking somewhere muddy and looking for any one who would like to come along. make it a really fun run and if there is a large enough group go camping. (no you dont have to bring a gift) this is just a fun way to spend my 18th. EVERY ONE IS WELCOM STOCK SOOBIES WELCOME HIT ME UP. :burnout: :burnout:

Where are you thinking of going? Im in Yakima and would love to meet up with some other Subarus! Not real sure if my XT6 can make it :(.........NOT

WOOOH lol :grin: ok so i want to get every ones opinion on what is the best day for all of us. so from the 20th to 23 thursday to sunday what is the best days for you guys. and who all plans on eating cause if its justa few people i figur ill just scrap the food idea and just bring a couple coolers with soda and stuff. so let me know!!!!!!! it is gonna be up manashtash im not shure where but i will go scout a good spot out. for camping if we do. mabyt justa day thing. but yeah info on the definate location will be here this coming weekend. but for shure manashtash. i want to meet at the park here by super one. its like the 4x4 meet spot all the yoda and quad ect. guys we can get a good few pics as a group (make some memories :).) cool well thats what i got so far let me know:cool:

Does this help?

how about i make it easier. manashtash camp ground or rider's campground. both in manashtash, same area. either camps are probably best for you. unless you want to go to the otherside and camp on the naches river side.

here's your info on rider's camp

http://www.fs.fed.us/r6/wenatchee/cle-elum-orv/riders-campground.html

manashtash camp info is down. some web site maintenanence. it's just before rider's on the same road.

i'm still tenative. if i have my sami, i might bring that, but not much for the wheeling dept if i bring that. or if i get the tires on the car i'll definately bring that.

forest service web site maintenance.

so manastash camp it is.

http://www.4wheelingplus.com/manastash/default.asp

Directions to the Manastash - Buck Meadows - Shoestring Lake area.

Manastash Canyon, WA - (Elevation 2700 ft. Lat: 46:57:60N Long: 120:47:60W)

Click HERE to get info on Manastash Canyon weather.

CLE ELUM Ranger District ORV info. - Download trail maps.

** NW FOREST PASS REQUIRED - Click HERE to find out more. **

Directions to the Manastash - Buck Meadows - Shoestring Lake area.

:: Please stay on the designated trails. ::

If you are not sure a certain trail or area is designated for ORV use then: DON'T drive on it.

Make sure to read the Note on MUDDING below.

:: From Yakima ::

North on I-82 for about 35+/- miles.

Take I-90 Seattle exit/loop.

(It will wrap you around hard left onto I-90)

Take exit 106 and turn LEFT back over I-90

(If you need fuel or supplies turn right and there is a huge Pilot station on the left.)

Take the first/only LEFT just past the KOA camp grounds.

(Don't worry the Manastash & Riders camp grounds are not as pretty and there are a lot more trees.)

See below for the rest...

:: From Seattle ::

East on I-90 for about 100+/- miles.

Take exit 106 and turn RIGHT just before the KOA camp grounds.

(If you need fuel or supplies don't turn right and in about 4-5 blocks there is a huge Pilot gas/mini-mart station on the left.)

See below for the rest...

:: The rest... ::

After passing the KOA and crossing the Yakima River:

Turn LEFT onto Hanson Rd.

(Be careful to not turn to far left onto Brown Rd.)

Follow Hanson Rd until stop sign.

Turn LEFT on Cove Rd.

Turn RIGHT on Manastash Rd.

Manastash is long and follows the Manastash creek most of the way.

(Drive carefully and please be respectful of the people living on this road.)

After Manastash turns into gravel you will drive for 9+/- miles before you see the camping area.

(Drive carefully. This road is long and bumpy. Watch for on coming traffic.)

Look for the Riders Camp sign on the right.

Manastash Camp is about 1/2 mile past Riders Camp. Turn left BEFORE the cattle guard.

Buck Meadows is just past the cattle guard.

*** NOTE: Most cell phones do not work in this area. ***

Additional info and directions can be found on the Cle Elum Ranger District web site. Questions about these directions?

Contact us for more info.

*** NOTE on MUDDING: Mudding is illegal and will be treated with ZERO TOLERANCE on National Forest lands. Mudding can be defined as driving vehicles through wet areas of the forest, with the intent to see how much mud can be thrown up onto the vehicle, or how large a mud hole can be created before vehicles can no longer drive through without becoming stuck. Mudding damages soils, water quality, vegetation, aquatic, and non-aquatic life. Mudding gives off-road vehicle users who recreate responsibly a bad rap. It causes more closures to public and private lands, which impacts all kinds of recreation. If you see this activity occurring, report vehicle descriptions and license numbers to the Forest Service or Kittitas County Sheriff's office. Call the Forest Service hot line at 509-674-8035 or Kittitas County Sheriff at 509-925-8534 to report any resource damage caused by mudding. ***

yes i aslo would like to knowa rough number so i can get the right about of supplys for the BBQ. remember when you get to the gravel RD. i will have signs up (paper plates) that have GURU on them just fallow nad you will find the camp. depending on how many people show up it might be just today but if alot of people show up then it can be an overnighter so let me know people i will probly be heading up ther aobut noon or so.