Ultimate Subaru Message Board
azsubaru

Think it might pass emissions?

I can't get the Code 34 and 35 off in my Loyale - it's not the solenoids, doesn't seem to be the wiring, so may be an ECU problem. I don't have one and I need to get this thing licensed and on the road.

The car runs really well, and a Check Engine Light in a car this old does not cause your car to fail here in AZ. Got a fresh tuneup, oil, new rear cat and muffler, and some RXP in the tank.

So, the question is, what are the odds that it might pass emissions - one in a million? 50-50? What do you think?

Thanks

get a bottle of crc garanteed to pass, gtp is good stuff.

dump it in a full tank, run it through and then fill up with good quality gas before you run it in for emmisions.

if all else fails, you can also lean out the car on test day, there is an adjuster screw on the MAF, after you pass emissions, just enrichen it and bob's your uncle :-p

If you havent dont it...replace your gas cap...you wouldnt believe the number of failed emmissions just by a stinking gas cap

My '92 loyale passed with a code 34, but that was in Washington State. I would give it a shot if it's not a huge expense or anything (here you get one free re-test before you have to pay again.)

That's what I'm talkin about - Thanks for some great ideas!

CRC, lean it out, and I'll make sure to get a new gas cap, I've failed that one before with other cars.

We get a free re-test within 30 days if we bring sales receipts, etc. of repairs made, but I'm hoping to avoid that.

CRC, lean it out, and I'll make sure to get a new gas cap, I've failed that one before with other cars.

I've heard that retarding the ignition will help it pass too.