Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Headed out to the cabin on the weekend of the 11th & 12th

ezapar

Are there any local wheelers left besides Turbone?

I'm taking a couple of rigs out to my Father's cabin on the Penninsula. It's in Chimacum (sp?) just about 20 minutes South of Port Townsend. Takes about 25 minutes to drive there from the Kingston Ferry.

Lots of good wheeling, big fire pit, 7 acres of fun. Cabin sleeps 10 or 12 comfortably. A couple of lakes within minutes, mile and miles of trails 10 minutes away. Drinking and *stuff* will definitely be on the agenda, minors better be with your guardian. ;)

Qman and Turbone are maybes/hopefuls. . .

Anybody else wanna go wheelin?

Not sure if I can make it now. The pick up/drive home of the XT I purchased didnt work out. It has to be trailered, and this makes my Sat full. And the real pisser is...it's maybe a 1/2hr from your cabin Zap, in Brinnon (off 101). I was awake most the night (cortisone shot in the back) and tried to figure out a way to swing it, but to no avail.

Not sure if I can make it now. The pick up/drive home of the XT I purchased didnt work out. It has to be trailered, and this makes my Sat full. And the real pisser is...it's maybe a 1/2hr from your cabin Zap, in Brinnon (off 101). I was awake most the night (cortisone shot in the back) and tried to figure out a way to swing it, but to no avail.

And just why do you need a busted XT?

Oh well. But you're gonna have to change your name to carfreak if you flake out one more time. That's two in a row now.

And just why do you need a busted XT?

Oh well. But you're gonna have to change your name to carfreak if you flake out one more time. That's two in a row now.

I got a kid thats almost at driving age. I'm selling my other XT. Got to feed that addiction, you know.

I would have to miss alot more to meet carfreaks record:-p

so, if your bringing a trailer... trailer the hatch, drop it off at the cabin. pickup xt, drop off at your stash point, drive back with trailer... trailer hatch home after playing...

And that would be?...................100mi away:-\

And I need to bring a helper with me, so he has to be taken back too.

A no win scenario.

Had a blast. Only took a few pics, not enough to start another thread in the "other" vehicles forum. Don't wanna piss anybody off by posting them here.

Jared got the bug for sure now. I let him drive it. He was pretty amazed at how being basically stock it easily did stuff his monster might not have done, or at least not without a fight.

Did manage to get it stuck the last run out. It must have been midnight or later. Took my sister's Mom out for her first 4X run ever. She survived. Did real well at not panicking while I was winching it out.

It's very muddy now. :clap:

Thanks for showing up and hanging out Jared.

lets see them, the truck does have a Subaru emblem on it , so basically its just a highly modified Subaru :grin:

lol

Fine, but I'll move the thread.

Here's Jared as the truth about simple Toyotas vs highly modded Soobs hit him. :clap:

mudhappy01.jpg

The photo is pretty dark, but you can get an idea of how gnarly the mud pit is.

mudhappy02.jpg

Just how muddy it got. I had to scrape off most of the mud from the wheels to get rid of the wobble.

mudhappy03.jpg