Ultimate Subaru Message Board

brat paint job?

S’KO, what size lift is on your Brat?

5 inch lift. I realize it's an off size, but that is the size of the steel tubing I found at the metal yard.

Did you do the EJ22 swap?? If so what did you do with your exhaust to make it fit. When I hook up mine on a 3” lift it hits…. How did you do yours?? :-\ THX Bret

I did an EJ18 swap once again this project is a tale of what was available for cheap or free. In this case FREE EJ18 w/harness and ECU:banana: .

I used 2002 WRX exhaust. I had to modify the cat flanges and the exhaust tubing to make it work. I also had to hammer the crap out of the resonator in the mid pipe to keep it from hitting the driveshaft.

Crockettbrat. I take it TOMORROW to the CARB referee and hope for the best. All indications are that it will pass. Since the tags are old on it, I had to get a 1 day moving permit for tomorrow. I plan to take it at midnight for a drive to get the system cleared up.

BW

s'ko:

First off, I think that it does go without saying that to really judge it, you would need to see it in reality...

BUT, I think it is an intriguing idea.... What about trying to eliminate the lower "crease" line that runs along the side of the body? I think that tsutomu's example is one that highlights the lines and moldings that came with the car; and YOUR idea seems to be one that the lines can get in the way of. The rtim on your BRAT is already shaved; and the top "line" I speak of is sorta instrumental in your design, but the lower "line" almost just gets in the way..

Thats my only thought on your design; other than that it looks REALLY interesting, despite the fact that it is normally the type of thing i do not care for at ALL. I think it would look great; youve done a good job positioning it to complement the car rather well.

Want to sell my Brat, any thoughts on a price. 1979, We painted her black and laced the strips red. It was my daughters first car. The paint is coming off now. Probably because we did the paint. Original seats in good shape. Body has a few dents not bad. Two canopies, extra motor, other spare parts.

It is hard to get started, but once it is warmed up runs great. 4 wheel works fine. It keeps blowing fuses to the dash so the dash lights go out. Haven't figured that mystery out. Can contact me at jaybirdkatts1953@hotmail.com

Want to sell my Brat, any thoughts on a price. 1979, We painted her black and laced the strips red. It was my daughters first car. The paint is coming off now. Probably because we did the paint. Original seats in good shape. Body has a few dents not bad. Two canopies, extra motor, other spare parts.

It is hard to get started, but once it is warmed up runs great. 4 wheel works fine. It keeps blowing fuses to the dash so the dash lights go out. Haven't figured that mystery out. Can contact me at jaybirdkatts1953@hotmail.com

Please don't hi-jack threads. There is a classifieds section solely dedicated to the selling of Subaru's by private individuals.

I filled in the recessed areas..... from over the cab you could come down around the window then follow out onto the hood were there is a recessed area on each side that might make the middle portion have kind of a dart effect.... But the whole car is a canvas and so far only two colors are being used.... Bret How do get such big pictures

post-618-136027624196_thumb.jpg