Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Buggyroo and fitting 29's

bigo1966

So who would have thought after all the cutting and banging and sawzalling the 29's still dont fit when I turn. They rub on the firewall part. By the sounds of it i need to extend the lower arm thingys (cant rememeber name) to push the tire forward a bit. Is this correct?

Thanks

Orion

So who would have thought after all the cutting and banging and sawzalling the 29's still dont fit when I turn. They rub on the firewall part. By the sounds of it i need to extend the lower arm thingys (cant rememeber name) to push the tire forward a bit. Is this correct?

Thanks

Orion

is the car lifted?

how much to they rub?

a little rubbing won't hurt anything, as long as it's not on anything sharp.

wheels.jpg

here's a bad pic of my 29x8.50x15 TSL Super Swampers on my 85 GL wagon before the 4inch lift. the only way I got them to lift was by lift the car up with a jack putting the tires on and then letting the car down. in the rear where the bottom of the door and wheel well meet, the car was sitting on the tires. in the front I had the bottom piece of sheet metal off the goes from both fenders right under the radiator. the car wasnt drivable or movable AT ALL. You would have to cut so much off I dont think it would be worth it, I think you would ruin the car.

Tony~

Just FYI, I had 27" (27.8" mounted on 14" nissan 2x4 rims 6" wide) SS TSL's on my brat with a 3" lift, and after all the fender/wheel well "adjusting" they still rubbed in the back of the wheel well and that was with a 3" lift. I now have 26"(26.4 mounted same nissan rims) ATV tires and with no compression, still have little more than 1 1/2" clearance between the rear of the wheel well and the tire when the steering wheel is cranked. I think if you really want to try and do it with out a lift, at least consider going with the 6 lug conversion and 14" nissan or toyota wheels and the shortest swampers. No matter what it will still rub sometimes, the question is how much, and how often.:burnout:

Also with my 3" lift and 27 (28" really) swampers, because of the limitations of "massaging" the wheel well, I STILL had the leading corner of the furthest out side lugg of the tires getting clipped by the fender. Ever ride a dirt bike after the knobbys have rounded out? Same idea, IMO if you are rounding out the TSL luggs, not much point to having them as your losing a great deal of their performance by doing that.:eek: