Ultimate Subaru Message Board

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would you leave a freaking "rice cop" note on an Infinity G35 sedan? Didn't think so.

Actually, yeah I would. I don't like G35s, mainly because of who owns them.

I don't think it's going to be a smart-key system. If it is, then we know Toyota has their hand in FHI's cookie jar more than 8.7%.

The 8k redline is Japan only. They still use the EJ207 in Japan. We're still going to get the same EJ257.

The plastic intake manifold has only been on the EJ255 so far, and most of the 255 stuff on the 08 WRX is from the Legacy GT anyway.

BAH,

all you whiners will say the same thing in 2018, 'remember back in 2008 when subaru made cool cars'..mark my words now and look at them in 10 years...

I just wish i could afford a new WRX!

One thing we all have to keep in mind is that Sub is a company that has to make $$ at the end of the day selling new cars, they don't stay in business by being quirky or making excellent USED cars.

They don't stay in business by being quirky or making excellent USED cars.

Actually, they do. So does Honda and Toyota. They sell so many new cars because people know that the used ones are just as good and will last a long time (Read: excellent used cars), and in our case, sometimes better.

One thing we all have to keep in mind is that Sub is a company that has to make $$ at the end of the day selling new cars, they don't stay in business by being quirky or making excellent USED cars.

I beg your pardon? Subaru has stayed in business for almost the past 40 years being quirky. Why do they need to stop all of a sudden?

Growth isn't always a good thing. Look up some of the latest articles on Toyota.

LosDios, the Justy had window frames too ;), and so does the Tribeca. But I agree nonetheless. I actually WANT my window to rattle a little bit when I close the door when it's down. I can do it on my XT, I can do it on my friend's 05 STi. It's a SUBARU THING.

Subaru was going downhill before this.

Bigger wheels on Legacy Wagon - looks cool but less stable, smaller windows - looks cool but less visibility, pander to the sheep of America by pushing it towards looking like an SUV.

Mix up all the model names so customers are confused.

I can't find a vehicle to replace one of my 3 Legacy Wagons so I am considering a Jag X-type now.

Gil

Bigger wheels= less stable. Explain...

Yes... please explain.

Also, explain how Subaru setting an ALL-TIME sales record last year is "going downhill."

Oh, and the X-Type is a total junkpile by the way. I know a Subaru mechanic who transferred to a Jaguar dealership and he said they were the worst by far. Thank Ford for that one.

Yes... please explain.

Also, explain how Subaru setting an ALL-TIME sales record last year is "going downhill."

Oh, and the X-Type is a total junkpile by the way. I know a Subaru mechanic who transferred to a Jaguar dealership and he said they were the worst by far. Thank Ford for that one.

Isn't the X-Type the Ford Taurus with a cat on the hood? Or is that a different jag..

Bigger wheels - higher Center of Gravity

Smaller windows - less visibility

I don't think anyone's arguing about the smaller windows. That's one thing I LOVE about my subarus.

The bigger wheels make a smaller tire sidewall which improves handling and stability at higher speeds. it's track proven and there's not much of an arguement to make.

I don't think anyone's arguing about the smaller windows. That's one thing I LOVE about my subarus.

The bigger wheels make a smaller tire sidewall which improves handling and stability at higher speeds. it's track proven and there's not much of an arguement to make.

Hmm...nascar cars don't have rubber band tires and huge rims...

Neither do Indy Cars or Rally Cars....am I missing something?

Rubber band tires makes for a hard ride, that's for sure.

Hmm...nascar cars don't have rubber band tires and huge rims...

Neither do Indy Cars or Rally Cars....am I missing something?

Rubber band tires makes for a hard ride, that's for sure.

None of those series run 185/80 profile tires either. On a street tire with street tire construction, generally the less sidewall, then the less sidewall deflection, smaller slip angles, etc...

Race cars can also have rock solid sidewalls at whatever aspect ratio they need to run for other reasons because they don't care about ride quality. And most are limited in the rim size they can run to limit the size of the brakes, but they still need a certain overall diameter for effective gearing/top speed. That's a highly regulated portion in a lot of top-tier motorsports, you don't know what they would run if they could.

It was a general statement that has a lot of truth in street tires, I don't see where anybody mentioned running rubberband tires...

Gotta say i don't hate the new STi, it has bulging fenders like it's suppost to, sure they look a bit like a Focus but at least it has them.

The new WRX is a much smoother rideing car, i suspect the new suspension design has alot to do with it as does the full frame windows and im sure they stiffend the chassis even more. Also the power comes on alot better than any other year WRX i've driven, you dont have to keep it above 3K rpms all the time incase you need to move quick (more tourq)

Not overall crazy about it but it is a better car, and it's growing on me alot faster than the last style did.

We'll see if any companies make non rice tail lights for the hatch. :rolleyes:

Here’s yet another rant from a loyal Subaru fan…

As much as I hate to admit it, Mitsubishi really nailed the styling of the new Evo. Now if Subaru makes the new STi slower than the Evo and doesn’t give it an intelligent center differential to match the Evo’s handling, it’s really going to get UGLY…

By the way, the frameless windows, IMHO, was one of the coolest things about the Subaru when you’d open the front doors with the window down during the summer. It gave the Subie a sort of convertible openness. It also made gearing up for various outdoor activities a cinch. You could sit in the car with the door open and not bang/snag/rip/bump yourself or your gear on a @#* window frame. As for the silly complaints about window rattle, the extra body rigidity/stiffness required with frameless doors more than made up for it.

P.S. No more 5 speed manual for the Legacy Wagons? What? No Legacy Wagon? Just Outbacks? @#*^$!!!

P.P.S. I hope Subaru remembers what happened the last time they tried to go mainstream in the early 90’s. Anybody remember the disastrous “Subaru, It’s What To Drive” campaign that pitted the Impreza against the Honda Civic and Toyota Corolla? That nearly killed Subaru. Fortunately, Subaru came to its senses and returned to being odd and quirky by going 100% AWD and introducing the Outback in the late 90’s.

P.P.P.S. Subaru, if you’re listening, there IS a difference between “odd and quirky” and “butt ugly.” Like someone on this board so eloquently stated, “beauty is skin deep but ugly goes to the bone…?

I drove the 08 WRX when I was at the dealer getting gaskets for my BRAT on monday. I was thoroughly impressed and would instantly buy one. The full gaguge sweep is a nice touch and the red interior lighting makes for a good effect. Clutch was a little different feeling than the one in the 07 WRX that I drove back in January, took some getting used to.

• 2 weeks later...

First off, I don't care about the light thing. How could I? I drive an '81 wagon that doesn't even have lights cool enough to turn off with the switch. I like the new system more anyway since I've had a friend drain his battery because he didn't know about the running lights switch and couldn't find anybody who could fill him in about it.

The window frames are a shame, but not the end of a car. We may have thought them to be a Subaru thing, but I guess Subaru didn't. Oh well, too late for these Imprezas unless you want to cut them off and weld them to the car instead. Hmmm... :-p

Sedan vs. Hatch? I actually like that hatch more. Recently the rally world has been making the move to them since they are better for that kind of thing. I like the idea of having something designed to being more of a rally car.

That all being said though, I'm not a big fan of the Impreza or WRX. I LOVE the STI though. It fixes most of the design flaws I found in the Impreza and WRX (Tail lights still suck. I saw them in red, and they are incredible like that.), and it is a beast (Very important. :D).

I hope I don't sound like I don't care about the little things, or people actually caring about them. I do. In fact, I'm jaded by them changing from STi to STI and using red for the STI badges rather than pink. I just wanted to let you know my opinion. :)

Oh, and by the way, I think the EVO X looks like a pig personally. It has a snout. Not appealing.

• 1 year later...
We have lost everything that made subaru's so great. Alum intake, frameless door, lights that shut off with ignition off, stupid switch thingy, and plain out Subaru looks. Its all gone now. Atleast we thought we had the switch thingy and headlights that shut off. But its all gone :dead:

Holy Cow! ... That Seems to be So Unsubaru... :-\ ... With the Recent Problems at the World Rally Championship, the only Thing to Happen Next to Kill Subaru, is that They Start Develop Straight in-line Cyls Engines for the impreza! :banghead:

http://www.heraldnet.com/article/20081217/SPORTS/812179943/1092/BLOG25