Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I've searched and searched,no luck...

do you have one of those "wife" things?

Because a good parts car is a wonderful thing to keep around, if the stars align in your favor for doing so.. I know that location and marital status are the two most common reason why "'I' can't have a parts car"

one of those things I don't have to worry about, myself.. I have had a lovely driveway decoration for the last three years now and nobody nags me about it. my landlord chuckles about it once in a while (in disbelief, but eventually he will see. He's the one who killed it anyhow.) Anyhow, THAT one is a knife that cuts both ways, and I think I will leave it at that.

I got the engine and trans out of the '80. That went pretty smooth. I pulled the good engine out of the '84, fwd. I left in the trans with what looks like a very good set of drive axles,so I can roll it around. I'm now pulling the d/r trans out of the other 84. Im gonna leave the engine in that one but it wont be rolling around once I get done with it. I dont see a way to put front tires on it with the axles removed. That kinda sucks 'cause now I gotta depend on a hulk hauler service to come get it out of my yard. And its the one with the affidavid in lieu of, title.. Installalation should be a snap. The only diffrences I see are in the vac lines, fuel lines,electrical hookups,clutch cable and exhaust. Other than that its a direct bolt in. Hahahahahah. Ill deal with all that when i get to it. First i gotta pull the d/r trans. I would like to keep the parts cars but the war department wont have it. So, when Im done here in a few days im going to have a bunch of Free subaru parts laying around for anyone who wants them.

If you've got a set of axles that are bad, or in worse shape than the others. You can seperate the axle shaft from the cv joint(using a big hammer and lot of force) and put the cv ends back through the hubs so you can roll it around. This is also usefull if you ever want to convert to rwd...