Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EA-82T valve springs ??

Hi,

I wanted to get some feedback on valve springs for the ea-82t, has anyone had experience with improvements to stock springs? I assume the stock ones are good to about 5K, but are there any springs that work a bit better to about 62-65 hundred.

Also I saw a post about 88-89 cams saying that the mpfi-na cams had a better grind than the earlier na or the turbo ones, anything on that?

Thanks for any help and information.

from what i remeber, valve float is around 7k. i think it might have been will that found that out. granted, its been a couple years since any one mentioned that.

i tihnk if you need better springs, ram performance engines makes a set. i think they are the only people that make performance bits for the ea engines. http://www.ramengines.com/

from what i remeber, valve float is around 7k. i think it might have been will that found that out. granted, its been a couple years since any one mentioned that.

i tihnk if you need better springs, ram performance engines makes a set. i think they are the only people that make performance bits for the ea engines. http://www.ramengines.com/

7K was the number that I have read thrown about mostly, too.. but I have ZERO personal experience with 6K+ RPM; my car is an auto and I refuse to use anything other than Drive, so it never gets above 6K. it DOES see 6K damn near every time I have to get up to speed tho.. 35mph shifting out of first is a strange thing in a fourbanger.

Just remember - at 7.3k., WOT, and 10psi (TD04), bad things can happen ;)

ill second that. granted, i did that on mine when i got mad about the engine crapping out on me, well, i tihnk it just blew another head gasket or something strang in the intake manifold, i never figured it out. did one hell of a burn out up my driveway though..:burnout: