Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Off Topic - Honda -old subaru owner

Hi Guys

My Honda is treating me fairly well and I shouldn't be too surprised that there is a community for Honda's very much like here. The people there seem to know a great deal but it has an unbalanced amount of children with hot rod's making it less friendly then here.

When I first looked under the hood of this 93 accord I asked myself how I could ever work on this if it broke. Its so much more complicated then Bessy was. But it did break and with a bit of help from Google and some from the Honda forum I was able to diagnose and replace a bad efi main relay. Which by the way is under the dash by the steering column , a place I never would have found because its under the cruise control module.

I still miss my old Subaru... too bad she was just too far gone to get through inspection.

I hope you are all well.

Robert

I was die hard Honda until I got my XT6. I delivered pizza for quite some time so they made perfect (reliable, fuel efficient, etc.) cars for the job. I had several go well over 200k on the original motor; even had a 1990 EX Accord that had 350k when I sold it (I think it's still running even).

If you ever have any questions about yours, feel free to pm. :)

well i've seen punk kids go and take mid 80S crx's and pimp em out

(about 1/4 the way..:grin: )

CRX, Good!!!!!!!!!

Stupid Kids, BAD!!!

I like to say this:

A honda is exactly opposite from a steak: a well-done one, is rare.

When they are done well, though, they are incredible machines.. no inline four cylinder has that same tone to it and when a well built honda drives by, I KNOW it. Never owned one myself, but my little bro has an 88 CRX HF, curb weight was something like 1800 pounds.. drop the ~120? horse SI engine and trans in there and that thing is like a ROLLER SKATE!! I want to put an EJ driveline into one someday.. but then again, I want to do that with a Z car and a mazda engine someday, too.... pipe dreams, sigh.

I'm a Honda guy too. My '06 Element is my 5th and certainly not my last. I actually have found them all incredibly easy to work on once you are familiar with them. To tell you the truth I find them easier than the Brat; all the vacuum lines and hoses under its hood terrify me not to mention I have never been good with carbs.

The people here are so nice.... but the people at the honda forum were so rude and jumped me.... when I reacted in part they banned me.

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=2071930&page=1

Im ddg2sailor over there..... tell me , Am I real?

Robert

Thats something i have observed too. The Outback, USMB, Legacy, Scoobmod, Forester and Imprezza (and related) boards are all freindly. The outback board tends to jump the gun a lot with the "uses the search its been discussed" (when it isnt in the search), but albeit freindly. The SVX board and other car boards tend to be, shall we say, unwelcoming?

THe vanagon subaru conversion list can get down right heavy handed (don't even try to discuss brakes there, which should be considered in the conversion)

The corvair list is super freindly.

Me, i like it here, almost as much as the vair list.

nipper

• 8 months later...

After all this time I had to come visit. I still miss my subie though.

Robert

Thats something i have observed too. The Outback, USMB, Legacy, Scoobmod, Forester and Imprezza (and related) boards are all freindly. The outback board tends to jump the gun a lot with the "uses the search its been discussed" (when it isnt in the search), but albeit freindly. The SVX board and other car boards tend to be, shall we say, unwelcoming?

THe vanagon subaru conversion list can get down right heavy handed (don't even try to discuss brakes there, which should be considered in the conversion)

The corvair list is super freindly.

Me, i like it here, almost as much as the vair list.

nipper

The people here are so nice.... but the people at the honda forum were so rude and jumped me.... when I reacted in part they banned me.

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=2071930&page=1

Im ddg2sailor over there..... tell me , Am I real?

Robert

Hrmm, only thing I can suggest is that if a thread starts to go nowhere, just bail. Come back with a question or whatever you need in a different thread later. There is no fuel for the fire if you ignore it. Playing nice guy just doesn't work on the internet, especially on a site inhabited and moderated by very juvenile people. :-\

• 9 months later...

Hey , Ya had the place remodeled :)

The Honda is still here but its becoming like my GF (a bit high maint). The Muffler fell off a while ago.... and Im thinking about tires and brakes. I think I may have a bad injector. In spite of a full tune and a new coil and good gas and gum out... It still spits sometimes... but never when the engine is still cold. The car is no good on unplowed streets! , Even my old subie was better.

Hope you are all well :)

Robert