Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Just bought a Blue 99 Outback... (After several months of searching for a nice one in my price range).

Anyway I noticed at higher speeds the mirror likes to shake and I was wondering what is the best way to fix that, also it seems loose...

Thanks in Advance.

If you move the day/night lever to half way between does it tighten up?

If it does you can remove the mirror form the windsheild and open up the back of the mirror and tighten the fork type thing that presses on the ball joint (2 screws). I've done it to a couple of them. One held fast, the other I have to redo about every 2 years.

I took mine off and wrapped the ball with one layer of tin foil, I done this as a part time fix and ordered a new one, however I have not had to put the new one on yet as the tin foil is still holding tight.

No vibrations that I think are harmful (Everything feels ok...) I think its more bumpy colorado roads.

I had the same issue on my '94 Legacy...tried everything without results...got a new mirror from a JY...worked like a charm!

Just bought a Blue 99 Outback... (After several months of searching for a nice one in my price range).

Anyway I noticed at higher speeds the mirror likes to shake and I was wondering what is the best way to fix that, also it seems loose...

Thanks in Advance.