Ultimate Subaru Message Board

another webber carb question ( auto choak)

im getting closer to getting the stuff so i can convert over to an webber. but i dont know if it be much of an problem to use an webber with auto choak or should i just find one with an manual choak? if i used 1 with an auto choak would i be able get it to work?

thanxs :burnout:

i got the adapterplater 2 fit the carb:)

Usually, newer Webers came with Electric Choke, just as the Hitachi came. But I´m not Sure in which Engine will you install the Weber... :confused:

I only know that in EA82's with Power Steerin´ units, is so Difficult to install the Carb along with its Choke, due to the fact that there´s Not enough Space between... I had to Remove entirely the Choke, in my White Wagon, but I live in the Tropical Cental America, where Climate temperatures usually are around 22-25º C, and just at December / January \ February we got as lower temps as 5º C ... and Even at just 5º C my EA82 Subie Starts inmediately & Drives pretty Good, without any Choke. (I don´t know how will be its Behaviour in Colder Climates as Snows... )

For more info about my Weber Install, see:

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=74206&page=1&pp=10

Good Luck! :)

Mine has the choke on the backside of the carb. The car it's on doesn't have power steering, but if it did clearance would not be a problem.

I don't know Webers well enough to know if it's just an older version that has the choke on the back or what. The throttle shaft still comes out of the passenger side like all the others.

The electric choke is easy, all you have to do is hook up one wire to an ignition hot and you're done.

Andy