Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Bumpers offroad type

Nice, That's just what I'm lookin for. A high clearance simple tuff bumper with a little Stinger and healthy yanker pionts. Can't wait :banana:

Heres some leaked info I found, I understand this is currently under deveopement in the Idea and engneering stage this is not the final design, I understand it will also have ends capped with another recovery point at the ends

SJR%20Bumper%20not%20finalied%20yet.jpg

Heres a front view of the bumper design, I have most the design details worked out, now to get quotes on the material and labor costs , what I would like to do is have 10 bumpers built up, now I dont have the working capital (money) to do that so this will have to wait or if I had some of you place orders backed by full payment in advance then I could finance the project and introduce a new product into the world of Subarus , I figure within a week I should know the costs .SJR

SJR%20Bumper.jpg

• 1 month later...
not to burst your bubble but tube bumpers are not legal, the troopers up at wilkison said you have to have 4 inches of flat surface for it to be a legal bumper

SJR%20Bumper.jpg

The upright connectors between the two pipes can count in most situations. If the total flat surface area of the uprights in betwixt:rolleyes:, and the "flat" surface of the round tube makes 4 inches in height, you would be all legit. At least that's how a bunch of my police buddies, and I read/interpreted it.

That was a good portion of my inspiration for the design of my front bumper.

IMG_0589.jpg

It is a tube bumper. BUT the uprights, and flat plate (even smaller sections of it than this) still count as "a technically flat surface". It's all really about interpretation of the law I guess. If a cop wants to hose ya, he's gonna hose ya.

• 2 months later...