Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Surco safari roof rack post help for a Loyale wagon.

Hahahaha! but the one thing i just thought of last night after i orderd it was, The mounting adapters. Now does that come with the cross bar? Like that kind that are on a loyale stock?? I hope it does have the cross bar for the front/rear and not just some feet you put on your exsisting mounts:confused: So will see.......

• 2 weeks later...

Wow i'm sooo happy! My rack arived tuesday and i put it together and on the car. Here's some pics of it today. This rack is well worth it! The only thing, If your going to mount it to your Gutters you will need a little longer bolt. The kit come's with a 1/4" but you will need a 1/2". Work's really great and it's totaly soild! Here it is.

Subarupix.006.jpg

Subarupix.008-1.jpg

2 more pics coming!!

Wow i'm sooo happy! My rack arived tuesday and i put it together and on the car. Here's some pics of it today. This rack is well worth it! The only thing, If your going to mount it to your Gutters you will need a little longer bolt. The kit come's with a 1/4" but you will need a 1/2". Work's really great and it's totaly soild! Here it is.

Subarupix.006.jpg

Subarupix.008-1.jpg

2 more pics coming!!

awwww i want one. No money though. Im saving up my pennies for a stereo that doesnt short out.

Ben

Yeah it is really cool thanx. If you want a great stereo go with Pioneer! There only $129.99 and there great! I've got the Pioneer DEH-2800MP. And then i've got two Pioneer 6.5" 260w 4-ways in the rear doors and it sounds great! Good bass and sound. Just a suggestion to help you.:)

Yeah it is really cool thanx. If you want a great stereo go with Pioneer! There only $129.99 and there great! I've got the Pioneer DEH-2800MP. And then i've got two Pioneer 6.5" 260w 4-ways in the rear doors and it sounds great! Good bass and sound. Just a suggestion to help you.:)

I like pioneer but i cant afford a stero that much. I dont have a loyale i have the dl so i dont have cutouts for the rear speakers. I have speakers in the hatch and in the front doors.

Ben

Humm i dident know the DL did not have the cut outs in the rear doors. But were you have them is still a pretty good place. And as for Pioneer. I don't know of any other brand that's cheeper? Unless you buy Durabrand from Wal-mart. but that's a really poor radio. I hope you find something.:)

Heres the other two pics. The second one is a good look at the gutter mount.

Subarupix.007.jpg

Subarupix.009.jpg

A gorilla can't even pull it off the car and you could throw a Hippo up there and it would hold! Hahahahaah!:lol: It's strong

good looking rack. however i'd prolly work on those bolt ends sticking out over the gutters. those WILL hurt when a head comes in contact with them.

Hey Subaru dude, yeah man that would be the best thing ever! I'd go with 14" pugs and a 2" lift. Not to high ya know. But great idea! that's what i want!!

I agree "Great looking rack for a Great looking car"

Hey Nipper, Hahahahahahaahahaa a aaaaaahahahaa! That is a personal!:lol: I dident even think of a joke like that. Your good.:)