Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Frankenwagon suspension build-up

Numbchux

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey chux just curious. What size tires did you have on it before. When you were running the 16" wheels from a impreza i believe.

these?

PICT3343.jpg

stock WRX wheels and tires. 205/55r16 RE92s. my track tires are 225/55r16s (yes, they fit, even lowered. although rub on the rear trailing arms under hard cornering with the 16x6.5s. they'll be on 16x7s this year). streets are 215/45r17 and snows are 205/65r15.

• 7 months later...

funny wagon looks funny :confused:

DSCF0822Medium.jpg

swapping back to 4-lug. got the 3.9 rear end in, and 4-lug drums back on. obviously the gear ratios and tires don't match, so I left the rear axles out and locked the center, so it'll be FWD until I get the new engine/trans and front suspension swapped back.

took a picture of the miata shocks/coilover springs compared to the stock rear stuff:

DSCF0821cMedium.jpg

car handles pretty goofy now....front sway bar is disconnected, turbo sedan rear bar. 250lb/in springs in the front, stock in the rear. RS 2-piston front brakes, GL drum brakes in the rear. 205/65r15 blizzaks on the front, 185/70r13 POS tires in the rear.....

also improved my work conditions. went to Northern tool and grabbed this 10'x20' canopy on sale:

DSCF0824Medium.jpg

and the parts car making it possible:

DSCF0825Medium.jpg