Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Best snow tire

when your looking for snow tires check out the nokin hanakopalita 1

there awsome tires. i had blizzaks but they were only good on ice then i tried the Hankopalita's and they had very good traction in deep snow and on ice even up to 80mph (i hope you dont drive it that fast :D ) but if y ou do they will take care of you.

i havnt had them anyfaster then that on slick roads so above there its all guess work.

He means Nokian Hakkapeliitas. They are as good as they are difficult to spell. They are also manufactured under the Nordman logo (easier to spell). I've been told the Hak 1's and the 10's are no longer made, but I see them being sold here. So there are a bunch still in warehouses around the U.S.

There's a dealer list at http://www.nokian.com. Or take a weekend in Canada and import them yourselves. The website claims the 1's and 10's are no longer available and have been replaced by the Q (studless winter tire) and NRW (all season studless) and WR (studdable). The Q's and NRW's are awesome. The site is a bit awkward to navigate, but be patient and you'll find what you're looking for.

I have BF Goodrich studded snow tires..

When I go back out to my car I will post the make of the tires..

But yeah, I live in alaska and I've driven on all brands of winter tires and these I like the best.

Had Blizzak's last year, hated em (rubbers too damn soft only good for about 8000 miles [perhaps its the excessive spinning of my tires :P ])

As far as how fast you can go on the ice, well my car max's out at 97 and I've had it there twice this winter on slick rump roast roads