Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Maybe my next project? 1973 Subaru 1400 GL Coupe

well im still making up my mind on this on doing this :?

Any way for an few years now ive owned an 1973 Subaru 1400 GL Coupe. its full rebuild job. ive started colecting bits an pieces for it.

heres an pic of when i got it

Picture2426.jpg

Picture2427.jpg

Picture2429.jpg

since then ive removed parts off it

latest pics

Picture5310.jpg

Picture5311.jpg

Picture5312.jpg

Picture5313.jpg

Picture5314.jpg

Picture5316.jpg

Picture5317.jpg

Picture5320.jpg

No sorry the GSR is staying at home. Might get stolen in CHCH. I have a yellow DL1400 exactly the same as yours. There is a wrecker in invers who has two in his yard the same colour. Alot of salvageable parts on them.

Cheers Kevin

aww yea sweet as. i give ya an ride in the DL too. you bringing up the gsr?

:burnout:

We have had one for about 5 yrs now. It was in storage in Invers and is now in a shed on a local farm waiting to be fixed up. I have to finish the Brumdy first. I have put a lift kit in the rear and I am working on the front end at the moment. The DL we have was owned by an eldrly couple and the old fella died and they where going to take it to the wreckers. I gave the old lady $200. The back seat has never been sat in. It does have some rust. We get it out every six months or so and go for a cruise. No cops up here as it isn't reg or warrented.

Cheers Kevin

are you picking up an yellow dl from chch or do ya mean ya got 1 down here? just i do remember seeing an yellow dl like mine driving round chch about an month or so ago. had rust in the bottom of the doors. :confused:

• 3 years later...

Hey Kiwi Subbie do you still have the 1973 GL coupe? or any parts from it?

I have one still going strong however there are some parts very worse for wear like the window seal rubbers etc. I would love to get hold of some to allow a full restoration.

I have one still going strong however there are some parts very worse for wear like the window seal rubbers etc. I would love to get hold of some to allow a full restoration.

Funny you should ask. I have what I believe is a rear windshield seal for those Coupes but want to check with someone to verify. I had been getting calls from the other coast from another '73 Coupe owner/restorer who desired the same , but he hasn't returned my call since I phoned a couple of weeks ago. So maybe he found one. Also have two other guys her in the State who might need it but haven't really heard about any need from them either.

Can you please get some measurement (in inches please) and post back? Top to bottom ,side to side .... go for the overall -outer edge to outer edge please.

We've already concluded that it does not work for the sedans of that era so it really must be a Coupe .... I hope.

Thanks and good luck.

Nope rubbers are shot. I would love new rubbers for my GSR aswell due to them leaking. I Read theres about a few mm difference between the sedan and coupe rubbers.