Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Horrible news, Colin McRae dies in Helicopter Crash

TheSubaruJunkie

i wish these rally guys would just stop dieing, makes me a little fearful to start.

I guess that kind of smashes my hopes of ever meeting him.

He will be missed, I always enjoyed watching his old videos, that guy was nuts in a car, hope I'm that crazy in a car someday.

:(:(:(:(

yeah just heard it on the radio that it was confirmed... sucks, dont let that deter you from driving though... it was a helicopter crash, not wrecking during a competition that killed him.

oh i wont, there have just been recently rally drivers dying of not rally related things. just odd.

yea whats up with racecar driver's ding in non racing deaths?Still is very tragic.The things he did in a car...It is very sad.R.I.P Colin McRae.Rummor has it that his familiy was on board.Even his 5 year old son.The internet truely can't even begin to show emotion.

There haven't been many people that I've really looked up to in admiration, but Colin Mcrae was definitely my hero. I've only watched him on TV, but I could see that not only was he immensely talented, but a good sportsman, and motivator to many. I'm going to have to dig out my tapes and DVDs this week as well as my old PS1 Collin Mcrae Rally, just to hear his voice encourage me during the driving school! :)

You will never be forgotten Colin.

(and I'm hoping for an all day Colin Mcrae marathon on Speed TV! :cool: )

Is any channel going to do something for him, like show how FREAKING BAD rump roast he was (especiall when he was racing for us)... I bet if speedvision was still around, it would have been all over it. Speedchanel better get their act straight!!!

They have too much NASCAR to air to get to it..... :mad:

http://www.aero-news.net/news/genav.cfm?ContentBlockID=fa68d974-d7f2-4256-b146-2b1cf588a356&Dynamic=1&Range=NOW&FromDate=09%2F14%2F2007&ToDate=09%2F24%2F2007&Category=%2Fnews%2Fgenav.cfm

I had posted this on Off Topic the day it happened, but it never appeared ... wrong forum I guess.

Anyhow, here's the story from an aviation news source.

• 1 month later...