Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What I did this weekend...

So I went to Anchorage this weekend and went to all the imported car dealers..

Checked out the Volvo 300 R, Mitsubishi Evo 7 Lancer and the WRX STi...

I'm pretty much a subaru guy for life, I just wanted to see what the "competition" is like..

Much to my disliking, they pos dealer wouldnt let me test drive the STi.. Which I do not understand..

He kept bragging to me about how bulletproof the STi tranny is and how it will never break.

So why couldnt I test drive it. I had 2 different insurance policies.. One Full Coverage and one Liability and I also had my old man there with me with his badass credit and a limitless credit card.... They said the only way I was gonna test drive that car was to buy it first and my first ride in my new car would be the "test drive"

I'm wondering why this dealer what such an rump roast about it... My family has already bought 2 soobs from THAT dealer. The 86 GL (Mine) and the 2002 Legacy (Mom's badass car)

Has anyone else ran into this problem attempting to get a test drive in a 30,000 dollar car?

And why not, everyone else has. Continental is not the most customer friendly dealer around. The only way I'll deal with them is wait until my wife has a real bad case of PMS and then let her go in and strike up a deal. Works quite well. Kind of levels the playing field.

YES!!!

I just went to the soob dealer here in Fairbanks and talked to an older lady at the dealership.. She was actually pretty nice.

Said I couldnt test drive the STi during the winter because its got racing tires on it (which makes sense.. its slicker then **** up here right now)

But she did say I could feel free to test drive the reg. WRX now if I wanted and to come back in the spring when the roads are clear and I can take the STi out!

Can't wait til spring now..