Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Need Brat opinions

cobcob

I'm taking my '82 Brat to a Subie meet in a couple of weeks, trying to decide whether to leave the topper on or take it off, I'm thinking it looks best with it off... Some of the guys haven't ever seen an older gen subie, one guy told me on another forum "that's the first spare tire I've seen that's designed to be stored under the hood!"

PICT0729s.jpg

Definitely off, they just look goofy to me with toppers.

I made an impulse purchase of one at a u-pull it yard awhile back and I'm at the point where I'm ready to tear the thing apart and throw it away because I'll never put it on and I'm tired of it lying on the side of the house.

I like it with the topper. Strictly for the utility. I can store my stuff in the back and it will stay dry. The other two trucks I owned were a 1987 Toyota 2WD and a Chevy Luv 2WD. Neither one had a cap, and I wish they did. At least the topper for the Brat is light enough for 2 people to take off. I like the one that came with mine, it is the high topper. IT all depends on what I you are going to do.

Lid off for the meet it is then!

I've got it on there right now simply because I don't have the space to hang it in my garage like I want to!

It'll be coming off this weekend so I can pressure wash the bed and get her looking good for this Subie meet. After I strip the bedliner out and work on the the wheel well rot in the bed then I think I'll put the topper back on to protect while I work on getting it all cleaned up... That's a month or so off yet though