Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Documented: The 1970 FF-1 Project car...

I'm contemplating selling this in its current condition ... I just don't have the means or the motivation to work on it anymore. ...

That is very Sad to Read... Why? ... Because the Motor problems?

FF1Cutaway.jpg

I bet it could be very Motivational again if you consider to don't restore it with the Original Engine, and make it happen to Work with a newer EA71 engine.

There is another Member resurrecting another FF1 Coupe, but with an EA71 engine, ~► Here.

Kind Regards.

Edited by Loyale 2.7 Turbo

That is very Sad to Read... Why? ... Because the Motor problems?

Money problems, time problems, just not that interested any more. Its been 5 years now and I'm burnt out on it. I think someone else with the right skill set and ample funds could finish it quickly and enjoy it more than I could at this point.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm contemplating selling this in its current condition if anyone is interested and the price is right. I just don't have the means or the motivation to work on it anymore.

If you are seriously interested, contact me privately.

:(:(:(:(:(:(

I hope you find a way to see it through to the end, but I know what it's like to lose your motivation on a project.

I wish I could have done what I wanted to with my 79 wagon, but other things in life took precedence over it (graduating college, in my case), and I came to terms with the fact that it was in my best interest to move on.

If you do sell it, I hope you sell it to a board member.

• 5 months later...

A shame to hear about it, but I know how it goes.

69' Mustang - not rare, but ran out of money and it sat for years.

61' Falcon - a bit rare, about 10 years after restoration it's subframe failed inspection.

91' Legacy SS - not too rare, but complete mechanical rebuild and couldn't keep it and my STi

04' WRX STi - not too rare, but moving to Ireland meant keeping it was cost prohibitive AND there was no way I could afford to ship/tax it.

Sometimes one needs to clear the slate and reorganize, better to do this than what most people do; Parking it in a basement or barn and letting it rot!  *I did this with the mustang, ruining half the body work*

Best of luck on the sale.

Edited by Legacy RallyGuy

• 3 weeks later...

Nooo ! ... Don't do it, you'll regret it later ... :angry:

I've been following this from afar & am sorry to hear as I was looking forward to seeing this car finished ...  :wub:   

However, should you reconsider & hold out untill its finished then you should be able to get much more $ for it as a completed project ... B)

My 2 cent's worth anyway - good luck with it ... :)

Cheer's, Bantum ...

Edited by Bantum

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Well hell yes I am glad YOU got it.  Stanley will love the company and so will the west coast subie people.  Nice score.

Thank you! Fully intend to do my best to keep updates coming. I will have a "wanted to buy" ad up soon. Still trying to figure out exactly what I need and where to start :)

ff1-aug-1-2013-1.jpg

• Like 1