Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Documented: The 1970 FF-1 Project car...

He's got some nice items there but not much that I don't have. Prices are a little steep.

I have those signal lenses new as well.

Thats what I figured :P

Honestly, i'm holding off buying parts until I know exactly what you've got. Plus, I have LOTS of work to do with this car before I need to worry about getting replacement parts...

Whoo hooo I swear I saw that left rear wheel lift on the exit of that last turn.:headbang:

Hey,I went up there yesterday with minimal brain power ..... no camera,no list,minimal time,but lots of heart.

Charlie has a few trannies too for the ff-1 with the aluminum drums !!!! still intact. The trannies might not be in top shape from sitting,etc. but they offer internals if needed,and those drums.

Andrew apparently has told Charlie that he wants that 2door ff-1 .That was news to me,and I don't know why he wants to bother with it to be honest. To me I saw it as parts car for you and had no idea Andrew was interested. I don't think it'll be a problem sharing the extras,or the 2door pieces. I'm guessing he wants the engine and tranny mostly. Haven't talked to him about it yet.

Charlie also has the lower "wishbone" arms. Yours look good,but you might want a back up set. Saw some extra door panels too,worth cleaning up.

I'll be going back up there in a few days or next week and the camera will come too.

Also trying to get Charlie to get on the board ASAP.

You better get over to ebay. There is a guy selling NOS parts and I saw at least 1 turn signal lens for that car there. It was a front one though. Guy has 35 things for sale. I imagine Paul could probably identify the part number as to what they got to. I will just give you a link instead:http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Subaru-68-69-70-71-72-Amber-Marker-Lens-NOS-NEW-Star_W0QQitemZ180165140679QQihZ008QQcategoryZ10076QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I think the seller has the 360 and the FF-1 signal switches mixed up. The one he listed for the FF-1 looks like my 360 one. Some of the other parts seem to be listed wrong too.

Whoo hooo I swear I saw that left rear wheel lift on the exit of that last turn.:headbang:

Hey,I went up there yesterday with minimal brain power ..... no camera,no list,minimal time,but lots of heart.

Charlie has a few trannies too for the ff-1 with the aluminum drums !!!! still intact. The trannies might not be in top shape from sitting,etc. but they offer internals if needed,and those drums.

Andrew apparently has told Charlie that he wants that 2door ff-1 .That was news to me,and I don't know why he wants to bother with it to be honest. To me I saw it as parts car for you and had no idea Andrew was interested. I don't think it'll be a problem sharing the extras,or the 2door pieces. I'm guessing he wants the engine and tranny mostly. Haven't talked to him about it yet.

Charlie also has the lower "wishbone" arms. Yours look good,but you might want a back up set. Saw some extra door panels too,worth cleaning up.

I'll be going back up there in a few days or next week and the camera will come too.

Also trying to get Charlie to get on the board ASAP.

I'm guessing we aren't talking about the NOS parts anymore but something else? :confused:

Check out the video you posted and you'll see what I'm talking about in the first sentence. ;)

The rest is about parts.

I know what you mentioned in the first sentance, but i'm not understanding who charlie is and why he has ff-1 stuff and whats going on with all that...

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=79909

There you go.

Sorry,I could swear you were in on at least one conversation involving Charlie before.

Well,maybe its for the better. It seems andrew "wagonsonly" has approached Charlie about the ff-1 2door that's pictured. I had good intentions of getting whatever you could use for your from that car. There's still going to be a lot of parts that were stored inside it that will go your way for sure.

Jackpot!

Great EA engine swap info :D

http://www.vintagesubaruparts.com/engswap.htm

Swapping an EA61 to an EA63:

Bolt-in, no mods necessary. Reuse your original intake, carb, and distributor. Some late EA63 used the wider bellhousing, so you might want to snag that and the starter too, just incase. Clutches and Pressure plates are identical. An evening job!

Swapping an EA61 to an EA71 or EA81:

You will need a complete EA71/81 to do the swap, as everything under the hood must be changed. This is a bolt-in swap. You will reuse the EA61 clutch disc, but the pressureplate, starter, flywheel, and bellhousing off of the EA71/81 must be used. A nice weekend project!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Jackpot!

Great EA engine swap info :D

http://www.vintagesubaruparts.com/engswap.htm

[/font][/center]

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Sic man Sic!!!! That would be one heck of a ride. Wish I could find one, but ya'll would kill me for putting a WRX drivetrain and suspension in it. Would make one killer little sleeper though :grin:. Besure to keep all the original engine goodies though for if you ever want to sell it. Too bad another one would be next to impossible to find, have one restored and one modified :headbang: .

Sic man Sic!!!! That would be one heck of a ride. Wish I could find one, but ya'll would kill me for putting a WRX drivetrain and suspension in it. Would make one killer little sleeper though :grin:. Besure to keep all the original engine goodies though for if you ever want to sell it. Too bad another one would be next to impossible to find, have one restored and one modified :headbang:

I would do an EJ swap into it simply because EJ's are so much less maintenance and I know folks who could actually wire it up properly... But it just wont fit with this suspension/chassis/transmission.

No,there's a better dash there. Don't be chicken poop of the 1300. Try it,you'll like it. EJ??? :Flame:

If you want a real project car then please pass this one along to someone else. It's not the right car for mods.

I have the 1100 not the 1300. I'm going to give it a shot and see how its running, but I need a key and an oil cap first :-p (i'll borrow a battery from another car)

This car doesnt have much to work with... Its not a car that can be truely "restored". But it all depends on what parts I can find as to what will be done with the car. If the engine works and works well, i'll keep it, but almost all the wiring needs work/replacing and it will probably need a rebuild. If I do have to rebuild it, i'd like to go with a more reliable non-sleeved block (IE EA71) at least.

But once again, it depends all on what I can get for the car and what I can't get... That is what will decide its fate more than anything else.

its your car, do what you want with it. i think that would be sick with an ea81. nice and reliable, a little extra power, and i don`t think it would decrease the value much at all. after all, most of the real market for your car, is here on this board.

I know wheel arches and flares were popular back in the day in Japan. But I've never been a huge fan of them. They look ok on some cars, like the hakosuka skyline, but I dont like them on an FF-1. But go right ahead and try the EJ swap. That would be cool. At least measure it up for everyone, to see if it's even possible. Maybe find some old school wheels that fit under the car. Oh well it's your car, do as you please.

I think you should do the engine swap. I would say EA-71 but parts are becoming more scarce all the time. Go with the EA-81. Too bad you can't change the tranny out too and replace those strange inboard drum brakes with some good disc brakes out where they belong. Well, I suppose anything is possible if you have the right tools and time right? Hey it's your car. I agree with the other guys that it is your do what you want. It's not like it will ever be a real valuable car to anybody but us Subie lovers anyway.:burnout: