Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Documented: The 1970 FF-1 Project car...

Picked up the car from American Stripping Co.!!! :)

They did really good work, the car could be painted right now if it didnt need body work :-p

I dropped it off at the bodyshop, also known as Roseville Rod and Custom. They are making an estimate for me that should be ready next week. Indeed, it probably will be higher than expected :unamused: but they did say they could do some of the extra cosmetic touches and even the rollcage, so thats good :) I do have to say, its the nicest shop i've ever seen bar none. I could spend hours in there just looking around!

Anyway, here are a couple pics from picking the car up. I'm going to take some photos at the bodyshop this next week:

ff1afterblasting2.jpg

ff1afterblasting3.jpg

ff1afterblasting1.jpg

ff1afterblasting5.jpg

ff1afterblasting4.jpg

Nice! Looks like the stripper did a great job. What are the plans for the roll cage?

I'm thinking just a standard 4-point cage with a harness bar, but it all depends on how the bodywork goes.

Speaking of that, I just got back from talking to the bodyshop... I have to say, i'm even more excited now :)

Their process is exactly what I was looking for, and EVERY idea I had they basically thought of too and were on the same page I was! I didn't expect that.

Plus, their process is basically one step at a time, IE we are going to start with the rocker panels and rebuild those, but instead of doing the whole car, we will stop and re-asses at that point and basically its a pay-as-we go deal, which means if it starts to get too expensive labor wise I could stop if need be. I can't wait to see the initial results, and i'll be meeting with them about every week to discuss progress and i'll take pictures too of course :)

To date I have no complaints from the Board Gods about using so much space for so little info.

But....

Can we please consider NOT replying with the pictures and simply cut and paste the words you'd like to reply to?

No offense intended to anyone,recent or past within this thread. There's a whole ?? load of folks that do it.

Sorry,I'm not voting on this. Have fun!

but I'm partial towards two or three...but, ultimately would like a solid color with some accents,not a two tone. :cool:

Kosta,

you are doing a damn fine job with the car, the only thing that peeves me off is that i got rid of my cars, i am so jealouse, i am still turning the world upside down to see if any fall out of the trees, gently i hope, as for the colour i would go with number 10, reason, it is the closest to what my last car was. I looked at the web site you posted from the guy in japan, i stumbled across it while back, was interested in what he was doing, liked the red wagon with the sport motor in. As i said before you are doing a damn fine job and thank you for getting all the forum invovled.

Thierry

If it's going to be street driven only: #6 or #9 (classy).

Street & occasional race: #7.

Full race: the #10 yellow over the #11 blue.

Over budget single color: #10 race or #12 street.

The other solid colors do nothing for me. :)

Note: What color do you want your engine compartment to be? That will dictate the upper color of a two tone. White or yellow would be my choice, so that rules out #9's orange.