Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Documented: The 1970 FF-1 Project car...

Can we please consider NOT replying with the pictures and simply cut and paste the words you'd like to reply to?

Paul,

I messed up back there. I wanted to delete the pics...didn't need them, and won't do it again. Thanks for the reminder.

I vote for #10.

Doug

Note: What color do you want your engine compartment to be? That will dictate the upper color of a two tone. White or yellow would be my choice, so that rules out #9's orange.

The white on other-color two tones would still have a white interior/engine bay/etc., but the exterior colors WOULD dictate what the color accents would be in the engine bay (although I can't change the color of some of the components I have, like the coilpack and MSD ignition).

If you add all the white votes together the result would be overwhelmingly for a white car. The soul of this ff1 is white. # 2 is my vote.

And I think you should have POS on the license plates :lol: .

Just kidding about the POS. (inside joke)

Darrell

Well I ran through a couple hundred part numbers the past couple days looking to see what part numbers are still valid and such, and just put in an order in the stock order for next week to see what happens...

My guess is that most of the numbers will end up being canceled on the packing list, but who knows, maybe a few will actually work.

wow dude at this pace youll have that thing back on the road in no time! Better get started on the drivetrain build up eh?:popcorn:

LOL!

Ya, they said they are way ahead of schedule for the bodywork, might even be done in a couple weeks!

That won't give me enough time to save up for the roll cage though :( I might have to take it back later for that.

Glad you found a quality shop to do the bodywork. Looks good so far!

Yea. And, that's a big window Chevy pickup in front of the Subaru in the top picture. The back window. There were three different configurations for the rear window...windows.

One small window. One small, and two side... corner windows, then the big window.

Just rambling.

Doug

I should get more photos of the shop, the cars in there are insane! Its by far the cleanest, nicest shop i've ever seen, and those pics I have are from the "dirty work area" :-p

Oh, I just dropped off the door hinges and window frames they are going to use for aligning pieces and such.

So just to let you guys know, i'm not sitting around doing nothing while the car is at the shop.

Here is the rear suspension that i've been working on for little while now. Now its not 100% done... The bolts still need restoration, the bushings still need some major help, and the Koni shocks need some touch-up paint. But it does give you a better idea of where i'm going with this.

Oh, and I'm still not sure what I should do with the brake drums... Should I polish them, or paint them with caliper paint (silver)?

ff1restoredrear3.jpg

ff1restoredrear2.jpg

ff1restoredrear1.jpg

BTW, it looks like Aspen White won the poll.