Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Documented: The 1970 FF-1 Project car...

• 3 weeks later...
Ah that picture reminds me. In the ff1 manuale i have it says the wagon only used that rear end set up, and that the sedans used one almost exactly like the gen 1's.

Any insite on that?

That manual is for the 71-72 model years basically. They don't even have the correct body part diagrams and such in them for the 70.

The 70 is a mix of the early and late model FF-1, with body parts mixed in from both and the rear suspension is from the wagon for the US models for some reason.

Small update:

Found a hood prop finally. Its for a '70's MGB. Its actually somewhat trick, as you just lift the hood and it locks open, then you lift it slightly and drop it to close it, no extra effort required :)

Installed a couple things in the engine bay, but otherwise been working on adjusting the hood, repainting the hinges and the front subframe (not shown in pic) due to overspray.

I'm waiting for ~68 parts to get back from powdercoating so I can start doing the major work, should be done next week.

hoodprop1.jpg

hoodprop2.jpg

Let me know about any NOS you forsee needing. I've got a few sets of lenses ,lights ,etc. that are coming out of storage boxes lately. There's that guy with the wagon in CA -now sold -and the new onwer has contacted me about a few items. I just want to make sure I don't let something go that you might need.

Let me know about any NOS you forsee needing. I've got a few sets of lenses ,lights ,etc. that are coming out of storage boxes lately. There's that guy with the wagon in CA -now sold -and the new onwer has contacted me about a few items. I just want to make sure I don't let something go that you might need.

Right now I'm just needing lots of nuts/bolts and rubber mouldings, everything else is in good shape and ready to go with just a little elbow grease. If I do run into any problems though, I'll let you know.

That hood lever is nice. So those mounts were already there?

Ya, here is what the factory one looks like. I didn't have one, and this actually works better cause you don't have to tighten the knob:

img_660267_53265186_0.jpg