Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Need a 96 obw power steering pump

Well I took my car today and had 2 new GCK axles installed by guy from the svx-forum, and he installed them and they are fine. I have a problem with my power steering unit leaking and he asked if could come here to source a used one that is good or was a good pull. Well if anyone can help let me know, thanks. Jay.

Any general suggestions would be welcome as well, 96 impreza outback 5spd, 150k.

are you sure it's not the lines leaking?

also, the fluid reservoir has an oring at the base, they are prone to leak. they also cost about $50 to replace.

if it's leaking from the shaft seal, then you'll probably want to just get a used one. even so, i'd still put a new oring on the reservoir if you get another pump.

I have a working pump. Let me know

Well I took my car today and had 2 new GCK axles installed by guy from the svx-forum, and he installed them and they are fine. I have a problem with my power steering unit leaking and he asked if could come here to source a used one that is good or was a good pull. Well if anyone can help let me know, thanks. Jay.

Any general suggestions would be welcome as well, 96 impreza outback 5spd, 150k.

Subaru power steering pumps are extremely tough - it's a rare, rare thing to see one fail. I had a discussion about it with the dealer once and they agreed - they almost never see pumps fail and he said he couldn't remember the last time a rack failed. I wouldn't worry about a used pump - if yours is bad it's probably just a fluke.

GD

I have a power steering pump. It came off a 2.5 98 Forester. I did a conversion from a 2.5 to a 2.2 and the 2.2 came with one just the same so I took it off the 2.5 motor before recycling it.

PM me if you still need it.