Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Vehicle Dynamic Control availability?

From cars101.com, discussing the 2007 Outback lineup:

new VDC (vehicle dynamic control) all wheel drive traction control system on Limited XT and LL Bean models. This is the first year the VDC system has been offered on anything other than the Outback VDC and Tribeca models. VDC stability traction control system measures variables such as steering input, braking and vehicle angle, and applies individual brakes and/or reduces engine power to counteract skids or slides to help keep you in control.

There are a lot of variables in an insurance rate, so even if VDC got some discount, it might be more expensive to insure because the Soobs with VDC are generally more expensive.

and does the Insurance come cheaper with it please?
really? when buying a new car with a huge sticker price insurance factors in? that's bizarre, maybe it's worse in NY. i buy whatever cars i want, i don't care or ever think about insurance except making sure im covered well over the "minimums". you should be able to call your insurance provider and ask them. it's all automated by now, i'd imagine if VDC gets a discount they should be able to tell you.

VDC is available on Outback Limiteds for 2008. Not just the H6, XT or LL Bean. See cars101.com.

I think that stability control (VDC is Subaru's name for it) will soon be required on all vehicles? Not sure where I saw that, so I could be wrong. That's the way to get rich - invent something, and convince the government to require everyone to buy it!