Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Blower Resistor Needed

Greetings all. The blower resistor finally failed on my 90 Loyale with about 225K on the clock. Struck out at the local boneyard.

Anyone know of a good source used, or a decent price source new? Mine is the black plastic with about a five inch pigtail to four wire connector. Not the white plastic box with holes in it.

Thank you very much in advance.

Bill

i have a good way to fix them, nichrome wire coils, and ceramic cement. if you have access to a soldering iron and some good flux i can provide a nice rebuild kit/. do you have pic of the resistor Assembly, the kit is 9.95 postpaid to Continental us. includes 3 new coils and a small container of ceramic cement. or 18.00 exchange, pm me

If you want to go new, an alternative to the dealer is rockauto.com. A search there uncovered these:

$37.79 STANDARD MOTOR PRODUCTS Part # RU253

$52.89 SUBARU Part # 72083GA070

$42.79 ACDELCO Part # E1165

From the pictures they look to be the right thing. But I'm not sure what shipping would be. Possibly, armed with part numbers, you could get one of these through your local auto parts store.

Thanks to all. I was pretty tempted to go with the Rockauto RU253 for a savings of $10 over what my mechanic can pick one up for. Decided to have my mechanic order an oem for $52. It'll be handy this winter not to have the blower on full blast all the time. Thanks for all the input guys. I appreciate it.

Bill

• 6 years later...