Ultimate Subaru Message Board

will leone front brakes fit on my 1400?

kiwi subbie

They might.... If I had a blow up view of the front end, I could tell you if you could make some custom control arms to fit EA81 knuckles in there too.

all i got parts for is the 1600 brake gear. is ea81 disks and brake gear bigger and better?

i want to get away from having to make some custom stuff aye. just coz im trying to not have to worry about getting it certifided if i can:confused:

Is it like a gen 1 stage 2 setup?

what do you mean? by that?

thanx:burnout:

well if its similar to like a gen 1 Brat front suspension setup, then you can use EA81 control arms and make the radius rods that go from the control arm to the tranny mount. I made a set and they were easy, plus I welded them onto the EA81 control arms.

1302458350067339125S500x500Q85.jpg

1302458386067339125S500x500Q85.jpg

Mkes things much simpler plus I had the vented rotors and calipers. If you just want to put the rotors and calipers on your car, if the knuckles are the same as the gen 1 Brat, then they'll bolt up. With the control arms, I had parts that were easier to get, plus cheaper ($36.00 a piece per ball joint vs. $16.00 for lifetime warrantly ball joints for the EA81).

The hubs should be he same. The ventilated discs and calipers should fit (not sure about the hand brake cable) like Caboobaroo states.

Early 1400s (prior to 1975??) do not have radius rods like later Subies. The control arm has no support :eek: