Ultimate Subaru Message Board

ea82t not runnig right

Ok i have just put a tdo4 turbo in my wagon, but it was leaning out and sucking to much air not enouth fuel so i have just put bigger injector's in her vl turbo and a bosch fuel vl pump have not yet put a fuel pressure regulator in just the stock one, i took her for a drive she was driving super hard for 2 min and then it feel's like it's running out off fuel but if i back of the throttle cable it takes off again and will keep doing through all gears but with a little throttle it drive's fine but i need the power...help, so every time i step on the gas she splatter's and then takes off then splatter's and so on any help would be great o i have not changed the fuel fillter yet and ive run her dry a couple of time's.

It sounds like my stock EA82T:rolleyes: I think our problem is a leak somewhere in the intake piping. Check all your connections for air leaks. Next check would be the TPS (throttle position sensor). I dont have all the values in front of me right now, but I need to get them out of the FSM to check my TPS.

My friend, it sounds to me like you are hitting that infamous wall known as "FUEL CUT" or "Boost Cut" as they call it here in Japan. More than likely, there is too much air and not enough fuel. I've hit it a couple of times in my GL-10 wagon when I had the boost set above 11psi on the stock turbo(VF7). Check to see what the boost is set at on the TD04. If it has the adjustable actuator arm, you may have to lengthen the rod(unscrew it a bit) to lower the boost to where the car doesn't hit fuel cut. But as a side note, it never hurts to upgrade the injectors. Nissan 280ZX injectors are supposed to be a plug-n-play swap according to what I have read. Mix those and an adjustable FPR and you should be a good for awhile. Just remember to use a wideband O2 sensor to get AFRs where they need to be. Hope this helps.

Patrick