Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Blow thru Maf setup??? Anybody

it's extremely common on big power new-gen guys (I can think of 4 local cars putting 400awhp+ running blow through).

BUT, the only point is so you can run a BOV instead of a BPV. which, at anything less than about 20psi, means nothing but a loud "pssshhhh" sound when you let off the throttle. zero performance gains whatsoever.

• 6 years later...

Hate digging up old threads but there are big benifits to having a blow through setup. First off the bov can be ran to the atmosphere (like you said doesnt do much under 20psi) but apart from that it will also save your rump roast if you get a bad boost leak. The car wont care if it has a leak lime it does when the maf is in the begining of the system because maf's work by metering air intake. So the car will only care about the air that has pasted the maf and nothing else.

So in other words the closer to the throttle body your MAF is the safe you will be and the more accurate on air accuatly going into your motor

wow, talk about digging up the dead, lol.

i would have said about the same though, it has definite benefits, especially if you are running a custom setup. ive lost count of how many times i had an intercooler pipe come loose or a hose clamp slip when i was first messing around with turbo engines. it was annoying trying to figure out what was going on when the car wouldnt run due to the boost leak after the maf.