Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Pennsylvania Brat folks....interested in a little job?

It's been a while since I posted on the USMB but figured this would be the place for my proposal. I sold my '87 GL turbo wagon but still have my '85 Brat. It hasn't been on the road in 4 years. One day the exhaust pipe blew apart and it's been parked ever since. Well, my son is going to be turning 16 soon (see where this is going?) and I'm leaning toward putting him in the Brat. I'd like to get some tricks done on it but simply don't have the time, or quite honestly the know-how to do the things I want to do. I'm good to excellent with mechanical stuff but just never really got into bodywork. I'd love to put a lift kit on this thing but just don't want to tackle it. Anybody interested in this job? I live in Pottsville, and if things are still the same on the USMB I'll tell you where that is in relationship to the salvage yards. I'm on Pa. Route 61 between Joe's U-Pull-It in New Ringgold and Harry's U-Pull-It in Hazleton. Anybody? If not you do you know of someone in this area who might be interested. I'll get the thing running again and could drive it to your place and leave it. I'm assuming there may be torches involved and thats something I don't have readily available (but could get them). I do have a space in my basement where this could be done but I'd rather have it done someplace else so I can hide the thing from my kid until it's ready to go. Thanks in advance. I do have some pics of my Brat someplace if you'd want to see what you're getting into.

its really easy if you buy the kit from BYB in Cali, or SJR in WA. i installed a byb lift on my 82 brat in a few hours. took 2 days, one day for the front, one for the back, a couple hours each day. fabricating one from raw steel would be difficult though.

speaking of joe's, any old subarus in there? haven`t been there in a long time.

speaking of joe's, any old subarus in there? haven`t been there in a long time.

I've noticed that in general, regardless of salvage yard location, older soobs are starting to dry up. A few years ago they used to be like sand on the beach at our local yards. No longer.

I live in Fleetwood. I could install a lift kit if you bought one. Send me a PM if you are interested in having me do the work.

Joe's still has lots of 80's subaru's. Not so much from the 70's and a few from the 90's. I was there last month.

s360,

Thanks. Which kit is better to work with, the BYB from Cali, or SJR from WA?

Mike