Ultimate Subaru Message Board

5 stud/lug conversion - Crossbred Performance

jmd235

I am currently manufacturing 5 lug conversion kits to fit liberty/legacy or WRX brakes onto MY/Brumby[ea81] and L Series [ea82] and vortex subarus. These kits are engineer tested in Australia. In Australia the front lower control arm and rear backing plate are sold on an exchange basis but due to freight costs if anyone in America wanted to purchase a kit I would sell them the control arms and backing plates outright.

The kit price is $1200 AUD plus freight [including control arm and backing plate]

Please check out my website or contact me for further information.

http://www.crossbredperformance.com

Picture:

kit.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for that Subarutex. I guess i am negotiable to a certain extent because freight is a killer and i would like to sell more kits in America so if anyone can suggest a cheaper way to freight i would be happy to look at it

Jeff

Crossbred Performance

• 2 months later...
The kits are complete and adapt front and rear Liberty or Wrx brakes to your ea81/brat/brumby or ea82/Xt /vortex subaru

I hope this helps

so with your kit we wouldn't need anything else but rotors and calipers from what ever we decide to take brakes from?

oh man that's spendy but i think for what you are getting that might be worth it.

• 3 weeks later...

Our kits adapt your legacy/impreza brakes to either ea81/ea82 cars.

So for the front you need to supply the front brakes including caliper , rotor , hub and strut from a donor legacy/impreza and i supply a modified control arm [exchange]so you can fit this to your car , i also supply a strut top adaptor [ea81] so you can use the ea81 strut top on your legacy/ impreza strut.

For the rear you supply the rear backing plate ,rotor,caliper and handbrake assembly including cables from a donor legacy /impreza and i supply the custom hubs,custom backing plate adaptor , exchange modified backing plates so you can simply bolt your legacy brakes to your ea81/2 swingarms. I also supply custom rear brake hoses and mounting brackets, plus every other nut and bolt and washer required to make it a simple bolt on job.

I also supply plugs to plug the extra 2 holes in your legacy/impreza master cylinder so it is a straight bolt on.

I hope this helps and if you have any further questions please ask

That's about 1,082.35 USD + freight.

A fair price for what looks like an amazing product.

I'm definitely in the market and willing to pay, but I am uneasy sending that much money overseas to an individual. How do you guarantee that my money will equal my receipt of this kit? Also what is the timeframe all tolled including my sending you the parts you need and you shipping the completed kit?

-Ryan

I have a complete 5-lug conversion on my car right now but I am looking to get the rear backing plates for the EJ rear disc brakes and ebrake setup. What would you charge for just those along with a set of rear hubs?

I wonder if we can get someone in the states to get 5 sets or so and sell them for about the same price after shipping as from you? Just a thought...

I wonder if we can get someone in the states to get 5 sets or so and sell them for about the same price after shipping as from you? Just a thought...

This is already being negotiated.

To answer your first question hopefully the kits will be available for purchase in America soon

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

So how many would be interested in the kit?

I am working on setting up the first order and would like to know who would ACTUALLY buy one. The whole kit not just parts of it, and then those that would buy just the rear or just the front.

Remember doing just the front means you will have difficulty in having an emergency brake which I am pretty sure is illegal to put a car on the road in the US without and just plain dangerous if it is legal.

The price might seem high but by the time you buy Peugeot wheels, lugnuts or lugnut adapters you have spent some cash and have a rare and not always attractive wheel and tire combo. This opens up the wheel options and improves the brakes a great deal. If you bend a Peugeot wheel how many spares are available compared to a factory 5 bolt Subaru alloy/steelie?

And are you going to be able to buy anything bigger than a 15" Peugeot? I love how these cars look with 16" WRX wheels...which are very cheap on craigslist at times.

• 2 weeks later...
theres a good chance that would be interested. will it work on an ea 81 brat (1982)

I think that's why the guy started making the kit. It was for his Gen 2 BRAT. In fact I think I saw a photo of a Gen 2 BRAT on the 5-Lug page used as an example.

So I'm pretty sure the kit will work for your BRAT.

Edited by Pooparu

• 9 years later...