Ultimate Subaru Message Board

rear separator plate EJ18/EJ22/EJ25

okay, that part number is the new updated metal plate part number?

you're right, the EJ18 and EJ22 indeed have the rear separator plates, i've seen them. but wasn't sure if they are plastic/metal. will probably be bolting an engine to a trans this week and want to make sure it's the metal variety on there, wasn't sure if it was obvious or not.

Older EJ22's, like 90-94 will usually be alloy, which is the best. 95+ will be the plastic POS.
ah okay. i have an EJ18 (i think 93 or 94) and a 97 EJ22 i'm currently playing with. sounds like the EJ18 might have the alloy and the 97 EJ22 might have the POS you're talking about. thanks!

on a side note, i bought the new plate for my 96 2.2L replacement engine (97 GT) but i didn't buy the new screws. i know one of the screws comes with / requires either lock tight or some kind of sealant. since i'll be using the existing screws, what should i put on the threads? will lock tite do or should i use some thing eles?

thanks,

john

ah okay. i have an EJ18 (i think 93 or 94) and a 97 EJ22 i'm currently playing with. sounds like the EJ18 might have the alloy and the 97 EJ22 might have the POS you're talking about. thanks!

I am not positive, but I think only 91-92 EJ22's had alloy plates.

It wouldn't suprise me if your EJ18 has a plastic plate. And your '97 EJ22 will have the plastic one unless someone has already replaced it.

on a side note, i bought the new plate for my 96 2.2L replacement engine (97 GT) but i didn't buy the new screws. i know one of the screws comes with / requires either lock tight or some kind of sealant. since i'll be using the existing screws, what should i put on the threads? will lock tite do or should i use some thing eles?

thanks,

john

If you got the latest version steel plate you won't be able to use the screws from your old one.

part # 11831AA210 is listed for Legacy 1990-2007

does anyone know if these separator plates are universal to all EJ engines?

i have a feeling the parts people won't know, they'll just punch up whatever the computer has on it, which might be plastic?

the one i have is neither black or aluminum - it is white???

I have yet to see a metal one.

So far a white one and 2 black plastic ones. I think the white was on a 94 2.2, a 2.2 from a 97 Impreza OB is black, and the 97 Legacy OB 2.5 that I need to re-pull the motor on is black.

Only the white one was leaking. Original at 66k - motor had never been pulled. Was leaking a lot.

The 97 2.2 I have setting here - don't know if it was ever pulled and sealed but didn't seem to be leaking.

The 97 2.5 had already been resealed when motor was pulled at 183k and was not leaking.

Dave