Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Four wheeler Magazine

michael appel

I have a feeling that that whole thread was just a bet between too people.one person was probally like there are tones of people who offroad roo's,and other person was like NAH,but we could always ask the interweb to post pics of these roo's!

eh,thats just my take.probally happened when they listed a brat as a good "oddball cheap 4x4"

still though I dont believe there is going to be a article of how to lift your EA81/82 and put swampers on it and wheel the piss outta it.

This is coming from a guy who's on a Subaru Website has his first Vehicle on his header, an 89 Saab Turbo Then the Subaru.

Jeff

The moderator of fourwheeler started the topic on the four wheeler site he likes odd rides.

I am trying to explain to them how mods are done and engine swaps and they are the same as all other 4x4 swaps

If we could get into a magazine of there caliper not that I would care to much about being in one.

but the publicity could show a market that there are people out here looking to have things done.

lockers axle swaps engine swaps wiring engine mods for wheeling not for street power gear swaps body armor

I would like to buy some rocker armor but no one here offers it so I have to make my own some people have no time to do that.

scott does a bang up job with modifications but there needs to be more involved.

im just saying get more publicity get more product integrity and ideas

my 2 cents

I see what you're saying, Michael Appel. Perhaps a bit of exposure could change the minds of a few. I would bet if one of the 'fabbers' dropped an ad in their magazine with a nice Sube action shot, their website would go wild with hits. Or an article iin the mag. If they had reference to the USMB, I bet we'd get overloaded with hits. Anyone that reads the magazine that has a Subaru daily driver or like quirky things would be interested.

Did that make sense? Probably not. Whatever.

the only thing is, that there's not enough subaru owners that are willing to fork out the cash for research and development. several times we have found a company or 2 willing to r&r products like lockers, but the initial development cost is going to be on our hands... and it isn't cheap... first rounds of like 10 lockers were between 500 to 1000 each several years ago... for now i see soobs staying as a cottage industry. in some ways that's better anyhow. don't get me wrong i'd love to see the industry blow up for the soobs or at least get a fizzle, but i just don't see it happening, it actually looks like the community is fizzling. there used to always be new pics of runs and such, now it's a lot further inbetween any pics and runs.

the only thing is, that there's not enough subaru owners that are willing to fork out the cash for research and development. several times we have found a company or 2 willing to r&r products like lockers, but the initial development cost is going to be on our hands... and it isn't cheap... first rounds of like 10 lockers were between 500 to 1000 each several years ago... for now i see soobs staying as a cottage industry. in some ways that's better anyhow. don't get me wrong i'd love to see the industry blow up for the soobs or at least get a fizzle, but i just don't see it happening, it actually looks like the community is fizzling. there used to always be new pics of runs and such, now it's a lot further inbetween any pics and runs.

*nail hit right on head*

I will say if I had a bunch of extra cash, or won the lotto (guess I should actualy play for that to happen). I'd be more than willing to front the $$$ to have a locker designed for us. Cause I want one bad. :grin:

But I'm just above broke right now so it aint happenin'. And I recently picked up a welder. So I guess I'll just have to lock it myself.

I'll try to help with the pictures of off-road runs thing though. Plan on trying to get out at least every other weekend if my soob and S.O. allow. :burnout:

And I'm gonna try and drag a few of ya out with me. :)

I couldn't get any of my pics up on there, maybe I was over looking everthing but I couldn't figure it out. :dead:

Jeff

there's a place in the reader's rides section where you can post 20 pics and a descrition of your car. or you can use the img tags using photobucket or some other site to host and post your pics.

I'll try to help with the pictures of off-road runs thing though. Plan on trying to get out at least every other weekend if my soob and S.O. allow. :burnout:

And I'm gonna try and drag a few of ya out with me. :)

I might be up for a sand lake dune run or tillamook forest run in a couple months... no guarantee, but i'd like to make a trip to the dunes before I sell the car. hmm... maybe a moses lake run...

still though I dont believe there is going to be a article of how to lift your EA81/82 and put swampers on it and wheel the piss outta it.

This is coming from a guy who's on a Subaru Website has his first Vehicle on his header, an 89 Saab Turbo Then the Subaru.

Jeff

Im sorry about that.my subaru is a toy.right now I will be lucky if I get to go play with it once a month,due to just starting a job 30 miles away from where I keep it.The Saab on the other hand is a DD.If I had a subaru as a DD I would list it first.Not only that but it will be along time before I go play with again because the last time I played with it I got nailed for no registration and no insurance..have to build up my nerve again or get it registered.