Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hello all! After many posts about my spoiler vibartating on my trunk lid and rust issues from the port then from the subaru dealer repairing the rust and it coming back I have received a new trunk lid, and my spolier put back on, and having no further issues with noises or vibarations I am now happy, with this all said I went to subaru direct and as a subaru good will they payed half for all this repair and I payed the other half so I am happy. It is amazing what can happen when things are half rump roast port installed and problems that can arise, from working at a subaru dealer and seeing these issues come up and then it happening to me amazes me. I had a 2007 subaru forester for a rental through the dealer and I was impressed with the way it handled and performed for me, I was considering one at one point, but I like the legacy instead, it feels more confortable and roomy. I had my service done while it was there also to so that got taken care of to, and they washed the car for me to! Living here in Massachusetts it was salt ridden, yuck! My legacy is blue but it looked for white,lol! :clap:

chadwick35/04,

Its amazing how much better treated you feel when you realize that the dealership and you are at an impass, and they agree to meet you half way, when they could have firmly just said "no"! So often you hear where this dealer or that dealer took a hard line when they could have gotten so much more benefit from splitting the repair with the customer. Over the years I had one or two of these "we'll split the cost with you" as a goodwill gesture when tyhe car is out of warranty, and it sure makes you want to continue as a customer. Not to mention the good PR they get from you're retelling the story, as you've done here. Glad to hear it worked out for you, and glad to know that there are other fine Subaru dealerships out there, just like the one I deal with, Subaru of London, in London, Ontario, Canada!