Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Darlingchip and Backwoodsboy's winter brat project *pictures* dialup = go fix dinner

With the lack of snow this past weekend, we decided to start a spring project a little early.

Nothing warms the hearts of USMB board members, like rednecks stripping out a brat for a fresh EJ swap... so here are some pics of last Saturday.

More to come as the fun progresses. :grin:

ENGINE OUT

john_jess_brat.JPG

NO_ENGINE.JPG

4 SPEED OUT

jess_brat.JPG

EMPTY.JPG

...more to come :headbang:

Just to warn you, I will ping and whine on ANYTHING except hi-test Starbucks fuel... read my owner's manual. :grin:

And here I thought Jess was swapping to a cheap fuel alternative...Grits:lol:

And for the backfiring??? Doesnt the owners manul say to keep a lighter handy to engage the "boost"??

And here I thought Jess was swapping to a cheap fuel alternative...Grits:lol:

And for the backfiring??? Doesnt the owners manul say to keep a lighter handy to engage the "boost"??

Well I am hoping that the more miles I put on him the cheaper he will get. So far he is really expensive at the moment.

As for the backfiring.....well I am hoping it will work itself out but I do like the extra boost.

I don't think he came with the owner manual....or is he hiding it on me:rolleyes:

With the lack of snow this past weekend, we decided to start a spring project a little early.

Nothing warms the hearts of USMB board members, like rednecks stripping out a brat for a fresh EJ swap... so here are some pics of last Saturday.

More to come as the fun progresses. :grin:

ENGINE OUT

john_jess_brat.JPG

4 SPEED OUT

...more to come :headbang:

Peddles in?

hehehehehe

nipper

Just figure out a methane "collector" under the seat and run a 1/8" tube to a vaccum port on the intake manifold - boost at will (consumption of beans, beer and pork can help you gain additional boost, by the way).

Where in NY are ya from? My wife grew up in Gouverneur NY (about 100 miles North of Syracuse) ...

:banana: :banana: I bought my first parts for my subie and received them today in the mail!:banana: :banana: I am so excited. I never imaged that buying parts could be so much fun. Looking forward to getting my other parts in the mail next week. ummmmmmmm the parts smell so good.....I mean Yeah there here. :clap: :clap: :headbang: