Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I've seen a few 95-99 generation Legacy wagons with a rear spoiler. I would have called it a visor, but I guess it is a spoiler. Anyway, I've never seen one listed on eBay and have not been able to find one in a local salvage yard. I think I'd like one on my 95 wagon. Were they only on LTD Outback wagons? Anybody know if it is indeed called a rear spoiler or a hatch spoiler or what???

e69d_3.JPG

I think this is the part you are talking about. It's 'spensive tho and primed only which means paint yourself to your color....salvage yard maybe http://www.car-part.com might be the way to go, might even find it already in your color!

SPOILER REAR KIT FOR 1995-1999 LEGACY OUTBACK WAGONS (comes primed only) Part No.: E7210AS001PR IS Fits Model: Outback Year(s): 1995-1999

http://www.subarupartsforyou.com/cp_partdetail.php?partid=12392

I have had/have the model on your maroon wagon

on several of my GL wagons.

The dust deflector looks even different.??

Thanks for the good job, you are my mentor.

(I like the first picture of your three wagons--

fine stable you have there)

Thanks for the great feedback. Yeah, I want the spoiler and not the dust deflector. I appreciate having the name looked up and verified. I'll see if I can call some out-of-state salvage yards that have lots of foreign cars and see if I have any luck. I can't pay the OEM part price--wow!

I assume they are fiberglass or plastic?

I think they add a nice look to the wagons.

I have a 98 Legy OBW Limited with the air deflector, and a 99 Legy OBW (non Limited) without it. The deflector must be part of the Limited package option. Having both cars, I don't see that it makes much difference. The tail gate glass on both my Subies seem to pick up the same amount of dirt.