Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Given the fate (due to lackluster sales)

I wonder what they put in the office watercooler at GM.

The Baja may have been two small, but this just looks too ugly. Maybe as a 2 door it would look better.

Gm right now has some good products, but is a bit like a weathervane in a hurricane, not sure where to point.

nipper

Couple of things that bother me about it is that it has a separate truck bed meaning it has some sort of actual frame under there. The elcamino was one solid body with no separate truck bed. Also 4 doors and a bed looks weird on anything that isnt a fullsize truck. GM should rethink this one.

i dont get how gm needs an australian version of itself to inspire them to come out with something new but already exists.

that is like subaru of america designing something with a bench seat for fat people and cupholders then subaru of japan finds that innovative

Yeah, the only cool Holden I've seen is the Commodore with the Skyline motor (Not sure if it was stock though)

The first holdens to get the Commodore (or as some of us say commonwhore) name had a Skyline motor I believe.

I know the skyline was a good car. But thats like mixing to ugly fat blokes together. :-\

• 3 weeks later...

The crewman shown and the 2 doors you pictured are completely different, but they did do a two door version which the crewman was based on, which was based on a 4 door sedan Holden Commodore, which was based on an Opel Omega I believe.

The two doors you showed are 'VE's, and I have a feeling you might see them stateside, you're definately going to see its 4 door sedan brother, dressed up as a Pontiac.

Don't cha just love the big happy GM family

The crewman shown and the 2 doors you pictured are completely different, but they did do a two door version which the crewman was based on, which was based on a 4 door sedan Holden Commodore, which was based on an Opel Omega I believe.

The two doors you showed are 'VE's, and I have a feeling you might see them stateside, you're definately going to see its 4 door sedan brother, dressed up as a Pontiac.

Don't cha just love the big happy GM family

If that Maloor8 (thatthehell does that mean anyhow?) was badged and sold as an El Camino in the US they couldn't keep 'em on the showroom floor. The Ford version as a Ranchero would be a dud, far to stodgy looking.