Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Why am l here? USMB.

I came here because google told me this was the best place to answer my questions.

^+1

and every member here has proven google right on.

my dad was a mechanic, and because of this i learned at a young age the difference between a "tech" and a true mechanic / car nut, who fiendishly trades skin for grease with these vehicles, some of them just for fun. those people (like GD, skip, grossgary, cougar, qman and too many others to list) have knowledge that no "tech" will ever have, and are happy to share it with those of us who they know will put it to good use because of a shared passion for these machines. (unless it's like the millionth time a noob asks the same ? instead of searching :rolleyes: )

my soob brings a smile to my face, USMB brings knowledge to my brain (some of you guys are pretty funny too :lol: )

I was born and raised in eastern Washington, :) so naturally we had Subarus. since i was a wee lad i helped in motor swaps, axle swaps, just about any other swap a person could do lol, and general maintenance of early model scoobs. My dad taught me how to turn wrenches on them, and how to fix just about anything (if it wasnt fixable surely there was one on a parts car:lol: ).

Now that i am older and have a family of my own i get to teach my own child how to wrench on the old subaru. "oh...we dont have X part, lets take a trip up to grandpa's house, hes sure to have one" :lol:

I dont post much around here, but do lurk in the shadows. Im here because old subarus demand a certain type of people, generally crazy, but the type that are always willing to help/re-engineer/rebuild/tear down/ or just plain sit and have a beer with a fellow scoob nut.

see you around

Isaac

photo is of my dad, thought it was funny enough to throw in :P

misc134.jpg

/\ that pic is front of my house.i cut that brat up like that.

i love this place.people hate me.then they meet me , and like me.or at least they are scared enough when they meet me not to say they don't like me.:lol: anyways.folks are usually alright here.most of all.most folks love the ************ i build.keep your eyes open boys and girls.there is more to come.i also like helping peeps out with parts.if they need it i probably can get it,have seen where to get it or have it in my back yard.:grin: and that makes me feel good.wipes a tear away.bastards.cheers, brian

I cant add truer words that havent already bin said but , only bash the how bad the other Boards are with there know it all that dont! and if you do know something some one will just trash on you.

i know all the swear words in the book but dont need to read them or need to post them .

USMB ROCKS !

there is a free amount of good info shared , with out wanting something in return .

People that can see how cool a stock 80 4x4 wagon is and get excited when it only has bigger tires :lol:

Not everyone just has a WRX and wants to know how much HP the cold air intake and cat back exhost will make :mad: WHO CARES !!! ARE YOU GOING TO RACE IT !!! ON A TRACK ! no! so you dont need to know .

But really i like that you cant just go out and buy add on's for the older Subarus this makes me like the people that do stuff like EJ swaps and carb upgrades and why i come back to see the new ideas :banana:

Everyone's pretty cool and helpful here.

And I got basicly booted from NASIOC for posting a pick of my wagon with an old semi exhaust stack under it with the caption "just say no to fartcans" they took offense. I was just kidding.

So this is my understanding home now. :banana:

And I got basicly booted from NASIOC for posting a pick of my wagon with an old semi exhaust stack under it with the caption "just say no to fartcans" they took offense. I was just kidding.

:lol: Aaaahhhh Aaaahhhh........this is just one of MANY reasons why I love this board........peoples sense of humor.....still laughing my @#% off!!!

This calls for a song...

USMB theme song

Keeping your SOOB alive today takes everything you've got.

Getting some help for all the break-age' date=' sure would help a lot.

[/quote']

Great lyrics!

I know I can find a MIDI file... now all we need is someone to do the vocals...

:lol: Aww what a group hug post.

I didnt see this answer......

"I AM ADDICTED"

I have been since about 1997. I would come home and do research online for school, accomplish something, surf usmb's new posts, back to school, back to usmb......repeat over and over again.

Now I do Subaru for a living so I am not here as much but I still get on almost every day, especially if my inbox is getting slammed with PMs from the local Subaru idiots that want something.

JAB JAB at the locals. :Flame:

i want to see that:lol:

HEY! I resemble that statement..... sometimes. :)

Mostly I just try to help people. Sometimes setting them straight is what they need, and sometimes they need real technical assistance. I offer both in one convienent package :lol:.

There are times when you just have to let the dogs out.

GD

So your saying that your like Mr Burns from the simpsons

Release the Hounds

I think that USMB is like CHEERS. That nice homely feeling where you pull up a stool and grab a beer and gab away about life or in this case Subarus...

This calls for a song...

USMB theme song

Keeping your SOOB alive today takes everything you've got.

Getting some help for all the break-age' date=' sure would help a lot.

Wouldn't you like to get away?

Sometimes you want to go

Where everybody knows your name,

and they're always glad you came.

You wanna be where you can see,

our troubles are all the same

You wanna be where everybody knows

Your name. [/font']

T.O.D. and phase 1 gasket, that sure like to pop

Making it home in 3WD, the stories never stop

Call it a Brumby, Ute or BRAT…

You know you wanna go,

where everybody knows your pain.

And they don’t think your insane,

You wanna be where people agree

You need an EJ powered EA….

You wanna be where everybody knows

Your name

You wanna go where people all know

The beauty of all wheel drive

You wanna go where people keep

Subarus alive……..

*bow*

thank you... thank you....

BW

That was great for some reason i think that that is goning to be sang at the next subaru meet.

I have found that people are very cival here. They go out of there way to help you. Hell i had a member give me parts because she was worried my tire was going to fall off. Since i havent driven my car much latelyl its not a problem. Great community and although there tired of it they will answer a question you asked when its just as easy for you to do a search. I asked this question this last summer when i first joined in. In time you will see.

Ben

Recently I've been on another forum a lot more (due to it being my own and me being the only moderator.) I still like this place. Lots of great info in store here. Plenty of crazy ideas that go beyond logical thought, plus many that are quite possible. Other Subaru forums I've been too are all too "You can do anything with money" Or "Nope, can't be done". I like USMB members for their free mindedness and willingness to do different things.

I like to step out side the box.

:lol: :lol: :lol: , they do what now? :lol: :lol: :lol::clap:

I found the USMB via Google back when I got my first Subaru (back in the EZboard days) It wasnt anything special as far as Subaru's go - just a FWD 5spd GL wagon, but that $150 car quickly became a tried and true freind with the helpful knowledge of the folks here.

for 6 1/2 years I managed to keep her going, in spite of the disapproving looks of others that just didnt understand (she does have quite a bit of salt cancer & isnt pretty). whenever I needed help with something, someone here was more than willing to lend their expertise - even had one person helping me diagnose a difficult problem via email - not an easy task when you are 1000 miles away and cant actually see/hear the car!

The old GL has finally been retired, even tho she still runs great with 225K on the clock, and I have "upgraded" to a gen 1 Legacy that I am quickly becoming very attached to, and the help and information is still there for the asking.

I may not have delved as deeply into my Subaru's as others here have (some of the builds are awesome!), but I am not afraid to tackle pretty much anything - with a little help from my friends here. And that is what keeps me coming back!

And yeah, if somone needs something that I can help with, I will help, whether it be information, or parts, or just moral support. Pay it forward! :headbang:

Johnson']is there a SAA(Subaru Addicts Anonymous)? :banana:

Uhhh...... I think this is the place:clap:

Yeah' date=' you guys are great. All of ya, even when stuff isn't seen eye to eye, rarely does it turn into a personal insult battle like o many other boards. Something I had to adjust to coming from other boards(cough...nasioc, altimas.net. Cough...) I'm almost embarassd about my attitudes in some of my very early posts, til I got "mellowed" and used to the USMB.

You guy are my family. I think it's great.

Seriously though, help me........please help me....

I am here, because on every other subaru board you only read things about the Impreza. Everything is turbo and STI and hood scoops and races against porsches and so on.

And thats different here. I like the Leone II and III most, and so do a lot of people here.

Of course, the Impreza Turbo is a phenomenal car, but I hate people who think that Subaru = WRX STI. And so I am here. For almost four years now!

L

I love this forum for a number of reasons.. Firstly, the wealth of information. I'm not new to Subarus, but I learned very early in life that someone ALWAYS knows more than you about SOMETHING... More knowledge is better for everyone.

Second, I've noticed people (like me) dont get discredited for having a low post count. I try and only respond when I have something credible and VALID to add, and I appreciate the fact that most of the users here seem to have that attitude. I think it improves the quality of the network.

Other reasons include, but not limited to, friendly people, timely responses, and usually very reliable information, and the general feel of camaraderie... Who else would understand driving a 25 year old Station wagon that's rusting out top to bottom? Much less, Who'd think it's cool?!

Rock On, USMB...

I bought a vortex and this forum was like the only one in existence that could help me.....2 years later im still beyond help.

I like the USMB, we dont spend hours gabbing about wastegates and mega-boosts, we dont take our car to the dealer to get a super downforce wing bolted on. Hell, half of us wouldnt know a quartermile if it jumped up and screamed "BOO". Its all about real world driving and doing it for yourself.

Theres no ads, no annoying hidden links and very few people with more money than sense.

Unlike another forum im on, people here know stuff. Theyve been there, done that and snapped an axle doing it, and unlike xt6 or legacycentral (which are brilliant) theres such a big user base - you usually get an answer the same day as the question.

All i wanna know is when were gonna have the New Zealand Subaru meet? (WCSS9 makes me jealous :P)

I come to the USMB because Caleb makes me snort beer all over the work computers!

I'm still here because Shawn pays the staff an awesome salary. Enough to live the life of decadent debauchery I have always wanted.

While I personally am winding my car hobby down (after delivering the EA81T coupe this weekend, I'll be down to only 1 car for the first time in SEVERAL years, and I'm looking forward to it!) I have a lot left to do to my wagon and you WCSSers are going to love it. I've enjoyed my car hobby a lot as I'm inclined toward introspection and improvement, visual/spatial activities, and cars in general are cool for all the reasons we know. I Googled for a reference source when I bought my second Subaru in 2003 and I assumed that there would be one best source for info - when I found the USMB I knew that I'd found what I wanted and was registering for a username within a minute. The USMB has some of the best technical information that any hobbyist could ask for, and people nice enough to deserve it! And there's Rick, too. :grin: