Ultimate Subaru Message Board

legacy from the fields...fuel problem

The fuel pump relay is behind the left side of the dash. I know there are a lot of other relays up there also but that is all my data tells me.

Are some of the gauges working or are they all out? If the fuel and temperature gauge is out then there may be a problem with the regulator in the dash.

...the easiest way i found to get to those relays is to remove the screws which hold the fuse block and the whole thing is one piece your can just slide it down and it comes out....its a b&*%$ trying to identify them correctly with the fuse box still up there....

ok so an update on the field car

new battery, main fusable link was blown

replaced main link fuse

no fuel pressure, no fuel, also no spark

tbelt good, compression good, oil ok, coolant ok

i have no history on this car, 192k on the odo

all fuses are good, no chewed wires

no codes??????

relays???

ecu???

both fuel and temp guages dont seem to be working

new custer???

i put 5 gallons 93 in it today

smells of stale gas but doesnt seem to have any water in fuel

????????????????????

im confused a bit

im gonna try an ecu after dinner

slow down, you are doing many things that do not make sense.

Put back the original ECU. They rarely go bad.

You only test one thing at a time otherwise you will never get it started.

First thing first, check to see if you have voltage at the fuel pump at the back of the car.

No spark, you need to use an analog meter to test for a AC heartbeat at the cam and crank postion sensors, especially the cam. This would keep you from having spark. how are you testing for spark?

Check the engine temp sensor also.

I would also do a compression test.

nipper

It aoppears you are making good progess. I suggest you check the ECU for any trouble codes. I assume power is getting to the ignition at least.

oh yeah no codes, it needed a battery first

but i got a radiator to go back in it

ill get it running this week

im rebuilding a trans right now

so i might get back to weds

If you are in need of any spare parts I have a wrecked 97 outback sitting at the shop and you can pick what you want. I have the suspension for my wife's car, but the entire ignition and fuel system are still in the car. I'm right here in Richmond, so if you need a part you can come and get it or I can pull it for you. You helped me out in the past, now I can help you.

Call me if you want 804-393-0516

If you are in need of any spare parts I have a wrecked 97 outback sitting at the shop and you can pick what you want. I have the suspension for my wife's car, but the entire ignition and fuel system are still in the car. I'm right here in Richmond, so if you need a part you can come and get it or I can pull it for you. You helped me out in the past, now I can help you.

Call me if you want 804-393-0516

whats the name, i forget.....so sorry

but thanks for the offer, can you send me photo of the car

the way she sits(for reference) and as soon as i have a name to go

with the number i will save it to my phone

I'll get you a picture this afternoon or tomorrow. She looks rough since the drive train and wheels have been removed. She's up on some logs as I dismantle her, but she's got good doors. and interior. The fuel system is still there and the hood is good.

My name is Mike Johnson and you sold me an engine a few years ago for my wife's loyale. I came out in my lifted GL turbo, tan in color.

If you need any other info just let me know. I also have the MAF and a new radiatro for the outback inside my shed.

Mike