Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Tahuya Trail Run Sunday Feb 17th, pictures added

Rooinater

invites to individuals that i thought would be interested have already been sent via pm...

planning on making a run to tahuya sunday the 17th,

needed

lift, oversized tires, and a traction device in the rear. no stockers please, tahuya is tame, but i want to run a lot of the trails.

nothing hard, just planning on running the majority of the trails. car will be done saturday and this is a shakedown run, to check for problems and issues with little roo. shouldn't be any major issues. i just need to go wheel, and needed an excuse to put humpty dumpy back together again.

come one come all, it'll be muddy and wet.

Safeway Parking lot in belfair at 9:00am, will be stepping off at 9:30am. please rsvp, so i know if i'm waiting for anyone...

how many of you have cb's? if so i'll reinstall mine.

----------------------------------------

directions and times

PLEASE RSVP IF YOU ARE COMING, i'm only waiting for those that rsvp'd. after the rsvp's arrive at the meeting spot, we are heading out. if no RSVP's then i'm gassing up at 9am at safeway, then on my way to go airdown.

directions from tacoma to Safeway Belfair, wa

http://maps.yahoo.com/;_ylc=X3oDMTExNmIycG51BF9TAzI3MTYxNDkEc2VjA2ZwLWJ1dHRvbgRzbGsDbGluaw--#mvt=m&lat=47.268105&lon=-122.50554&mag=6&tt=&tp=1&q1=Tacoma%2C%20WA%2C%2098402&q2=4831%20Point%20Fosdick%20Dr%20Nw%2C%20%23B%2C%20Gig%20Harbor%2C%20WA

directions from safeway to effendel pass staging area

http://maps.yahoo.com/;_ylc=X3oDMTExNmIycG51BF9TAzI3MTYxNDkEc2VjA2ZwLWJ1dHRvbgRzbGsDbGluaw--#mvt=m&lat=47.453352&lon=-122.821903&mag=3&q1=47.453019%2C-122.823769&q2=47.470688%2C-122.913033

Belfair, wa

Safeway Parking lot between starbucks and safeway gas station.

9am

9:30am heading to orv park, or earlier if everyone that spoke up to go has showed up

9:45am airdown at Effendel Pass Staging area, cross the street and enter at the 4x4trail head. plan is to run as much of the trail system as possible. check out the errosion on broke axle hill... wasn't much of a challenge last time, but it's supposedly pretty well erroded... then run the south loop, and as much as time, gas and vehicles permit.

personally i take the 302 at purdy, through a short cut to 3 into belfair. but i live about purdy and 302 area... a mile or so from hwy16. 302 isn't a freeway, but my soob also likes the pace of 55 and less...

-------------------------------------

RSVP'd:

Rooinater

Attempting:

Slideshow86

Maybe, not sure:

ElToro

Turbone

Im really going to try to make this. I may have my brat ready:banana: I just need to hustle. Um also need to swap in the lsd into my wagon. Where and when is the meeting place?

Who is all going?? Isnt there anyone down this far in washington? Alaska style thats right in your neck of the woods?

Jess

Sorry Jared, as of right now, I am out.

that's what i was figuring, you have a lot of important stuff going on this weekend! wheeling should be last on your list. i know eric has something he's already commited to, that and it's tahuya... so i know that you guys can't make it.

for sure...

me...

maybes...

Turbone

eltoro

slideshow

i almost consider it funny, all these people complain about toyotas and stuff being posted,... but there's a reason this section is always dead... no one really seems to wheel soobs anymore, exception scott and his crew up north, they seem to wheel regularly. the only thing i seem to see regularly is logging roads and such... i can't wait till i get my finances out of the hole so i can get on the yota. it's easier to find people to wheel with...

the only thing i'm looking at that might break this weekend is the welds in the lincoln locker. the spare diff i blew out the center 2 spiders, while it was an open diff... so it's just welded to the carrier, and center pin... and there's a nick in a ring tooth. nothing like the chunks of gears in the oil, like the diff that's coming off the car... so it'll need a replacment before reiter in a couple weeks.

http://maps.yahoo.com/;_ylc=X3oDMTExNmIycG51BF9TAzI3MTYxNDkEc2VjA2ZwLWJ1dHRvbgRzbGsDbGluaw--#mvt=m&lat=47.268105&lon=-122.50554&mag=6&tt=&tp=1&q1=Tacoma%2C%20WA%2C%2098402&q2=4831%20Point%20Fosdick%20Dr%20Nw%2C%20%23B%2C%20Gig%20Harbor%2C%20WA

Belfair, wa

Safeway Parking lot between starbucks and safeway gas station.

9am

9:30am heading to orv park, or earlier if everyone that spoke up to go has showed up

9:45am airdown at Effendel Pass Staging area, cross the street and enter at the 4x4trail head. plan is to run as much of the trail system as possible. check out the errosion on broke axle hill... wasn't much of a challenge last time, but it's supposedly pretty well erroded... then run the south loop, and as much as time, gas and vehicles permit.

personally i take the 302 at purdy, through a short cut to 3 into belfair. but i live about purdy and 302 area... a mile or so from hwy16. it's not a freeway, but my soob also likes the pace of 55 and less...

DONE, DONE and DONE.

LSD is in the 3.9 housing.

I got the E10 torx from Harbor Freight as a set of E4-E10 for $7. No shaving it fit like a glove.

I am loading the car now so I dont have to do it tomorrow. As I live an hour or so away.

Come on guys, its gunna be a nice day!

Jess

Dammit!!!! I would soooo go witchya and tear it up but my Sub's one CV short of Tahuya this weekend. It gave up on life last time I was up there. I'm rockin RWD right now :burnout: My seats are also a little damp from a recent Mud Lake incident. http://alaska4x4network.com/showthread.php?t=33274 SlideShow86, Sorry about your old tire, it was an accident........ 3 are still good;)

and we are back home. autozone needs to learn how to use there computers. they said they had one, but looked when i arrived and said they didn't... then found a really messed up brake problem... decided the best thing to do was cut the day short...

broke axle hill has now claimed one of my cv cups... rarely do i grenade a cup, and i really grenaded it! almost 1/4th of the cup is gone along with the bearings... that hill is really erroded and interesting now! hopefully i will be a go for 2 weeks from now at belfair, money dependent on whether i can get the parts and fix the problem with the brakes.

options are replace my torsion bars or tube, and convert to rancho shocks with limiting straps. presently my torsion bars are sagged. maybe if i soften it up a little it won't bounce so hard and claim a broken part so often... or yota axle, the first is more likely. anyone have some torsion bars they don't want and a front caliper and rotor???

AHHH his car makes mine look stock height! Must......Go.....Larger........

Its great how small stuff looks on camera compared to in person.

Thanks for the pix. If we had stuck around longer I would have gotten alot of them. I wish I would have gotten video of you going up broke axle hill.

We will try again in a few weeks. Hopefully get some more roo's out there too.

Jess

AHHH his car makes mine look stock height! Must......Go.....Larger........

Its great how small stuff looks on camera compared to in person.

Thanks for the pix. If we had stuck around longer I would have gotten alot of them. I wish I would have gotten video of you going up broke axle hill.

We will try again in a few weeks. Hopefully get some more roo's out there too.

Jess

i didn't think about pictures until,... pop!... it wasn't so difficult last time, but slimy as hell and really tore up today. money dependent on repairs for another run. i have to flip a $1200 dollar bill for college next month... and i only get paid $1258... so if they don't fix my payments by the first... then i'm high and hell water for the month of march....

Well haunt and ninjaben and I all showed up around 1200 we did all of the trails but saw no other subarus What time did ya all bail?

Ninja ben and I had the same axel trouble as you we both lost fwd about 4;00 so the we bailed

Haunts hatch i just finished had zero problems SHES BURLY

well maybee next time we can all meet

we had to wait till noon because of a work schedule

we bailed at noon, from qfc. after finding that one of my front brake pads went ua... we called it a day on a safety issue. jess brought up the good point that bad things happen in 3's, call it quits while we are ahead at only 2. shooting for another run in 2 weeks, keep an eye on this forum for a run post. i need to swap out a tranny, caliper, rotor and maybe some rear suspension components. tranny will be the big hang up, i have one, but presently lacking the proper jacks and such to do it safely. presently fudging around with my budget to afford the brake components.