Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Carlisle show May 16-18 2008

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wrong answer! if you bring that impreza you will show it or I will drag it up to the show area with a chain and the baja. :lol: Please! :banana:

This is the reason why I will let it sit in the camping area...cause I am tired of hearing and seeing posts like this...we know what peoples view is on them...its getting old now.

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=86324

When I bought my yellow Baja, I took a LOT of "ragging on" about it. So many people thought it was ugly (and of course I was entitled to their opinion) :-\

I also took a ton of flack from where I worked (I bought it from Subaru while I was employed at Toyota... talk about stirring up a hornets nest) :mad:

All this really got to me, but I finally had to see it like it was.... that I liked it enough to shell out $325.00 a month (plus insuance) to have the friggin thing, and that if someone ELSE liked it, well, GREAT!

...if NOT, they could go to hell. :headbang:

This all being said, its up to Connie. Id like to see her show the '08... but its whatever she wants to do.

This isnt as much about the cars as it is about showing up. :grin:

(My .02)

This is the reason why I will let it sit in the camping area...cause I am tired of hearing and seeing posts like this...we know what peoples view is on them...its getting old now.

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=86324

I'd be proud to park mine next to yours, park it with everyone else. I'm sure everyone is just kidding about it being ugly. I know I was:grin: Heck my 360 was advertised new as "cheap and ugly" by SOA.:headbang:

i get that all the time, "subarus are ugly and quirky", i say that i dont care i love them and i would die for one of them, i mean it :lol::grin: so, lets just show off all of our subarus... new, old and middle 90's they are all subarus we love...

Bucky... bring her out!

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. Bring Hollister, put her at the site, either peeps could stop and admire her or not, but just because some people don't feel that vibe like you doesn't mean you need to hide in the shadows.

The perfect comparison would be some people towards the new style = the exact way you feel towards automatics.

The show is little % vehicle most % company.

I registered for non-judged. I will probably just stay with my sister in Lancaster... or if anyone has some extra space on their campsite?

I commute from a little further then Lancaster so it isn't that big of a deal. Where in Lanc does she live (PM if you want)

Haven't registered yet,but that's not a big deal.

Friend of mine might bring his '67 Lotus Elan this year. Or the Alfa GTV6 he turned over to his sister. Outside chance we can talk his dad into bringing this beauty:

1952 MG TD

128Jack_Szepessy_s_1952_MG_TD_etc_007.jpg

Bring whatever,just leave the attitudes aside in the bushes by the gate.

:popcorn:

I'll try to be there, if so probably with an '83 sedan and/or a '94 turbo Legacy. No '70s stuff or 360s for me this year, I have too much work to do, on them and everything else, and too little time (I have one last semester 'til I graduate, and I've been tied up with paying work, regular school work, and my thesis--that's why I'm never on here anymore). Thanks, Matt, for running this again.

-Andrew

Arrrgggh! Not going to happen this year. This restaurant business has taken every second of my time and energy (I lost a pound a day, and feel tired at 10 pm, but great otherwise). Hopefully I'll pull a personal paycheck soon, it's gaining little, by little, by little :)

Connie, where's those recipes?! I hope everyone has a ball!

Arrrgggh! Not going to happen this year. This restaurant business has taken every second of my time and energy (I lost a pound a day, and feel tired at 10 pm, but great otherwise). Hopefully I'll pull a personal paycheck soon, it's gaining little, by little, by little :)

Connie, where's those recipes?! I hope everyone has a ball!

sorry to hear that you cant make it but congrats on the resteraunt. good luck with that, it will be worth it in the end.

Well, it looks like I defenitely have to come now. The wife and I decided to spend our Economic Stimulus Tax rebate a little early and bought a '79 Triumph spitfire project car. It's pretty complete, just needs to be painted and assembled for the most part. This means I'll defenitely be coming so that I can shop for any parts I need, and to see a few examples to make sure I'm doing things right. This also means I'm not going to go through the effort of dragging our Rally car out this year. It's just too much work and money, especially since Diesel is $4.25 a gallon and that's what our tow vehicle takes. Anyhow, here is a link to pictures for those who might be interested.

http://www.rallyracers.net/spitfire

Keith

• 2 weeks later...