Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Fuse For Auto Seatbelts??

Okay, I looked in the owners manual and there is no mention of a fuse for to Auto Seat Belts. Neither side is working (they did up until today) so I figured it must be a fuse. It's a 1992 Loyale Wagon. Any help would be appreciated. I know, I hate 'em too, but with the seat belt law here in Wisconsin they've save my butt a few times. Not to mention in a crash situatuation. Thanks guys!!

goatcheez

The clock/radio/hazard fuse was the culprit on MY Loyale. Popped a new fuse in, and they worked again!

However, the Control box that works the auto-seatbelts is located behind the drivers rear wheel well. Enough rust-out in that wheel well, and the next thing you know, the mini-ecu is getting sprayed with water and salt :eek: That tends to lead to troubles :rolleyes:

Hope this helps.

There is a fuse, I don't recall which one. When I purchased my Loyale, same thing, the belts didn't work. Turned out to be a blown fuse. Just pull each fuse out, one by one until you see one blown.

Another good indicator of a blown fuse, you won't get the ding ding ding or the little seat belt wearing guy on the dash.

Thanks for your help guys!! I will look at the fuses this weekend. It's a "tropical" 3 degrees here in Wisconsin today. Supposed to warm up this weekend. I also am concerned about the "relay box". If its in the wheel well as mentioned in an earlier post, that could be my problem. I noticed after I bought the car that there is a leak (water) somewhere in the rear of the car that causes the passenger side rear footwell to "puddle-up" a bit. How hard is it to pull the rear interior trim pieces off to take a look?? Do I have to pull the back seat out?? I'm thinking of it's not a fuse it's gotta be a salt water gunked-up realy box. Again, I'm working around the no autobelts for now but would like to fix it (and the leak) when we get some warmer weather.

Thanks again!!

Sean