Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Project EJ Hatch

Pooparu

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do need a little help figuring something out. What can I do to fix the negitive camber in my front wheels? I though about having some small 1"-1.5" plates make to go between the crossmember and the frame, but that seems to be a big P.I.T.A. I was wondering if there is an eazyer way.

you could extend the lower control arms, that would give you a wider stance too

see that's was my idea too. i'm not the only one thinking outside the box

I know that's what you suggested a bit ago. It's just that I don't have a welder and I know that your super busy and I'm already like 100 favors deep to you. I just feel bad having you help me so much. Maybe I'll grab an extra set of control arms from the junkyard today and I'll leave that as an option 'cause ether way I'll need you to help me. If I use the blocks I'll need your help building a new pitch stop. Man I really need to buy a welder.:Flame:

I know that's what you suggested a bit ago. It's just that I don't have a welder and I know that your super busy and I'm already like 100 favors deep to you. I just feel bad having you help me so much. Maybe I'll grab an extra set of control arms from the junkyard today and I'll leave that as an option 'cause ether way I'll need you to help me. If I use the blocks I'll need your help building a new pitch stop. Man I really need to buy a welder.:Flame:

it's all good, you have given me my fare share of free decals. if you really feel bad, my yard looks like crap, or someday i may need a kidney.

PAY IT FORWARD!!!!!! :headbang:

• 2 months later...

Well it's time to do some more work to the hatch. I'm going to add some power steering. I just got the rack and cross member from the junkyard the other day. Now I need to tear it down and rebuild it and paint it. I'll post some photos along the way. I'm also going to install some small 1" blocks between the frame and the cross member to help with the camber issue.

• 3 weeks later...

You can see some photos with the link at the bottom of the page in my tag.

I think they were 6" speakers, but I had to do a little grinding to get them to fit.

dsc02206qm6.jpg

dsc02207ox2.jpg

I am sad that all of the pictures are gone. :(

Anyway, I am getting ready to rewire my entire car for an audio set up. What size speakers did you use for the rear?

Thanks,

j.

• 3 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
What brand is it? Vehicle?

Compe-8 is the eight spoke Enkei wheel.

It came off of a really sweet Mitsubishi mirage turbo

DSC00068.jpg

About the rim. I wanted to trade you back one of the rims that you traded me. It has a giant piece of the lip missing. I can fix some curb rash, but I can't fix a missing lip piece. Maybe we can hook something up for the WCSS or I'm coming up for the other Subaru show in a week. (The Big Northwest Subaru Meet on July 14th at @ Pacific Raceways in Kent, WA.)