Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Portland PSA: ea81's back @ Foster/Damascus

ferox

I just got back from the Foster and Damascus U-pull-its, and there were no ea81's of any kind (Wed. Feb. 27, '08). There were ea82's, but not as many as usual. Hopefully that changes soon. Sometimes I call ahead, but this time I didn't, so don't make my mistake. Usually they have at least a couple. Is it just me or have they increased their turn-over rate? Maybe I have hit their purge cycle just right so it seems like it.

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update, ea81's are back on the east side. I'm not going to keep updating this thread, but since I got skunked at Foster and Damscus a week and a half ago I thought I would check and report. According to their records Foster now has an '83 (3/9), Damascus has an '89 hatch, also ,Tigard has an '83 gl and an '86 hatch, and Vancouver has an '86 hatch.

Disclaimer: This is info from a phone call. I have not verified this in person as I did a week and a half ago.

U-pull-it=503-760-5820

Just an update, ea81's are back on the east side. I'm not going to keep updating this thread, but since I got skunked at Foster and Damscus a week and a half ago I thought I would check and report. According to their records Foster now has an '83 (3/9), Damascus has an '89 hatch

The '89 may be an EA82 three-door. It's hard to say without going there.

, also ,Tigard has an '83 gl and an '86 hatch, and Vancouver has an '86 hatch.

Tigard (which is really Sherwood/King City) has more than that - as of yesterday they have an 86 Hatch (2WD 4 speed STD), 84 Hatch (2WD Auto), 83 GL Wagon (D/R 4WD, Digi-dash), and an 83 Turbo Wagon. All of which I've picked over pretty hard of course.

Sherwood is my yard of choice for older Subaru's in the area - they also often undercharge me.

GD

Thanks for the input GD. I might swing by the Damascus yard soon to check out the '89. I don't really need any parts, but a last model year hatch is a tantalizing Siren. The Sherwood yard is really far away from me so I don't get there much, but people have always been cool to me with the prices. Foster and Damascus is totally variable. Sometimes they don't charge me at all for expensive parts that they can't identify and other times they go out of their way to charge me for every nut and bolt and go through my tool box. Whatever...they're human.