Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Free Delta Camshafts ???? No Way ! !

Deltacam

We would like to have actual dyno #'s for our new website being built, and need a completely stock 2.5 sohc to take their car to Pacific Import Auto and run a dyno pull with all stock components, then you pay to have them swap to our torque cams. Then after the swap run another dyno pull to see gains of cam swap alone.

any interest?

Thats right.... WE pay the dyno cost for both pulls, and give you the cams ! ! :headbang:

so let me get this strait, i have to have PIA to do the swap?

If I remember right you quoted me like $200 to regrind my cams.

Why would i pay $750 for something you sell normally for much less?

I have a stock phase 2 ej25 in my 90 legacy rally car and might be willing to help you out. I just don't have other people work on my stuff so if it's a mandatory to have PIA do the swap then I think you are going to find it kind of hard to find people to do this.

so let me get this strait, i have to have PIA to do the swap?

If I remember right you quoted me like $200 to regrind my cams.

Why would i pay $750 for something you sell normally for much less?

I have a stock phase 2 ej25 in my 90 legacy rally car and might be willing to help you out. I just don't have other people work on my stuff so if it's a mandatory to have PIA do the swap then I think you are going to find it kind of hard to find people to do this.

I will be more than happy to grind your cams, however, the two dyno pulls and cam swap and you just pay for labor is a steal no matter how you look at it. alot of the Subie guy's don't have the tools or talent you have and do this swap and may not want to try this project themselves.

I will be more than happy to grind your cams, however, the two dyno pulls and cam swap and you just pay for labor is a steal no matter how you look at it. alot of the Subie guy's don't have the tools or talent you have and do this swap and may not want to try this project themselves.

so i do i have to have them do it or can i do it myself?

obviously they do the dyno pulls, but the cam swap i could do myself in a day.

• 2 weeks later...
And?

my lack of wanting to spend that much time in a race seat to drive up to tacoma and back twice made this not work for me. but John was a champ and gave me a great deal on some reground cams. I had to make a donation to the rally cross beer fund in exchange I am going to run some delta cam stickers on my car.

i should have them back in this weekend and have my new exhaust done this weekend also so we will see what the butt dyno tells me.

so i assume this offer still stands for the cam shafts.

also were the stickers that you sent the ones you wanted me to run or were you going to send me some different ones. either way works for me.

also were the stickers that you sent the ones you wanted me to run or were you going to send me some different ones. either way works for me.

I will supply larger vinyl after you choose you "single" color paint scheme ;)

wanna look good for the podium pics ! ! :banana:

well they are in and it is running.:headbang:

nothing like a subaru in a garage with open headers to rattle your brain in the morning.

tomorrow i build my exhaust and give my butt dyno results.

and i really hope someone takes Jon up on this offer, i really want to know what kind of power this really gives.

have you thought of offering this over on rs25.com lot more SOHC 2.5s over there.

well they are in and it is running.:headbang:

nothing like a subaru in a garage with open headers to rattle your brain in the morning.

and i really hope someone takes Jon up on this offer

TOO SLOW TO REPLY, DOIN THEM IN MY OWN RALLY X CAR SOON ;)

:clap:

• 1 month later...

finally an update with a drive. i couldn't stand it any more the exhaust was done the motor was running and it still was up on jack stands becoming the newest shelf in my garage. i took it down threw some street tread on it and took it for a spin.

first thing you notice is the valves are a little more noisy. this is to be expected, hell they are opening and closing quicker and more. and with the hood closed you don't really hear it. well you don't hear much over my exhaust. :rolleyes:

i took it out to the freeway so i could get on it, and WOW:eek: this thing halls balls now!!! the upper rpm used to feel a little choked. no more, probably with a combo of the cams and my new full exhaust, which includes my home made header with 2 1/4" collector into a 2 1/2" full all the way back with a high flow cat and flow master muffler. this thing screams all the way to red line and beyond if i wanted it to.

lower rpms feel a little stronger but once your over 3500-4000 it's a whole new world.

so A+++ for Delta Cam for the work they do. And if you guys make it out to Oregon Trail Rally you can see it in all it's multi colored glory.