Ultimate Subaru Message Board

need emergency contact #'s, driving from Seattle, WA to Yuma, AZ, VIA I-5 and I-8

well i'll be driving little roo from seattle to yuma. 1500 mile trip once again. i'm praying for no problems. but it would be very helpful and i'd be very thankful to get contact #'s in case of an emergency on the way. beings the fact i'm driving against the clock to get home in time for my orders to end. thank you!!

although i dont live on the west coast, couldnt you get on marine online and try to locate any old buddies you have that might be stationed at 29 palms, miramar, or penalton? i have done this and they were more than willing to help out an old friend. thats what ,akes the corps so great, you have friends everywhere.

are you going to be stationed at 29 palms, or yuma. is it permanant or are you just going to cax/ wti? good luck anyway.

i'm a permanent station at mcas yuma. just picking up little roo from john and visiting family and friends in washington. i have ph#'s for friends in miramar and pendelton. but they aren't much help for parts, or subaru's. if it isn't a street rocket or beer they don't know... the marine corp is an awesome brotherhood. but i haven't found many that own older subarus.

Hey,

don't know if I can do much good.....(no cell phone) but if you have any problems during my work hours (0630 - 1600) today (monday) and tomorrow (won't be back in until next monday) I'll do what I can.......I work in Portland,OR 503-335-4375.

Good luck!!

i'm an aviation electrician for the harrier jet. i'm with VMA 214, the Blacksheep. At MCAS Yuma, AZ. Jacksonville, NC. i was just there like 4 months ago. visiting a friend. that is stationed on camp lejune. can't spell oh well.

i was at cherry point for the rest of my C school too... god i was glad to get out of training commands. now i just work10 to 16 hrs a day... not better hours... but better freedoms...

no my car is still going to have the name "little roo" it was named after one of my baby sisters favorite tv show's baby kangaroo. i haven't changed her name yet so it'll stay the same.

Hey Jared, Best luck, wishes and happy holiday. I'm at MCAS Miramar. Don't know what days you're traveling, but if you need contact in San Diego, let me know. I'll PM you my number and DSN. Take care, don't speed through Oregon and make sure you have a litter bag I'm told. r/PK

yes training commands suck. my c school was in san diego and honestly it was a blast. there were only 20 marines on like the entire base(nas coronado) and out of that 20 like 5 were instructors. so you can imagine we all hung out regardless of rank, and partied our asses off. now a school that was a little diffrent . but this was a long time ago. my sister is stationed at cherry point. really it is no better than camp lejeune, or beaufort for that matter. in fact the entire east coast sucks for bases. the west coast is sweet, not to mention you guys have all the prime 4 wheeling places.

have you ever been to pine valley? it is off um 15? the highway that takes you into san diego. it runs past gordons well and ocotillo well. actually all 3 of those places are sweet wheeling spots. pine valley is my fav though. it is in the mountains and there is some nice trails riding there, great for a suby. also some good camping. if you want to know of any wheeling spot there or no more than 2 hours away, i know of a few rally good ones. just let me know.

i know a lot of trails right now that i haven't got to run between here and san diego and pheonix. and a lot of trails to make here. but i'll keep that in mind. definately a lot better wheeling here. than that cruddy area of the country!! but if you are ever over here. give me a holler!!