Ultimate Subaru Message Board

According to this - no, you can't different part numbers for different years

http://www.subarupartsforyou.com/cp_partlistbymod.php?subcat=Struts%2C+Front

If you have access to both of them, you might do a side-by-side comparison and check, though. Sometimes it's just an extra or missing hole that's the difference. Others might be a "1 way exchange" - this year will fit that year, but not the other way around

According to this - no, you can't different part numbers for different years

http://www.subarupartsforyou.com/cp_partlistbymod.php?subcat=Struts%2C+Front

that really doesn't mean anything on Subaru's. TONS of stuff is interchangeable even though the part numbers differ. i have dozens of different part number stuff on mine.

i bet they'd know the year interchanges on the legacy boards - like legacycentral

if you still wanted to chase this rabbit the question becomes - are the strut mounts (assuming it's the top) interchangeable? in other words put your 99's on the 03's and wam they are then swappable?

legacycentral should have some good info on what your options are. NASIOC has excellent resources for impreza's (i have '04 WRX strut bits for my 97), i imagine the legacy stuff is out there too, i'd have a look there.

legacycentral should have some good info on what your options are. NASIOC has excellent resources for impreza's (i have '04 WRX strut bits for my 97), i imagine the legacy stuff is out there too, i'd have a look there.
Legacycentral only really has information regarding 90-94 Legacies. Nothing later than that.